PDA

View Full Version : Need help with box for two DD 3515's

dwpjr
07-06-2012, 02:03 AM
I have two DD 3515's running off two Sundown 1500's strapped. Right now they are in a box that was designed for two Sundown V1 Z 15's. The box is 6.4 cubic feet before sub displacement tuned to 34Hz with two 6" aero ports. I'm kind of disappointed in these subs so far. My Z's were as loud, if not louder. I think I need a bigger box for these....and I blew one of my Z's, so I'm a little scared to turn up the volume too loud.

My specs are:
Max 46" wide
Max 22" or so high (can play with this a little}
Depth can vary to the correct box volume, but I'd like to keep it as small as possible.

I guess I'd like to tune the box to 35Hz or so...I've heard DD subs do better with higher frequency ports, so I'm open to that also. If possible I could reuse these aero ports, or go for a slot port. I've read that these subs like a lot of port area.

My only other request is that the slot port can't be on the bottom of the box. I'd prefer the subs to face up, but doesn't matter too much.

I'd be willing to pay for a box design with cut sheets.

Any help would be great. Thanks!!!

CAT MAN
07-06-2012, 02:09 AM
i posted in your thread on caco a video of a dd 1515 setup i did.
you can ask @04murderlanche TitoThePirate on here what i can do. i also have a few locals murph rebelfromva just pm me if you want some help

Chriszle
07-06-2012, 02:39 AM
You're box is wayyy too small for DD's to shine. Box for my 9512s is ~5 cu ft. after displacements.