PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a budget build, 97 GTI

iampakman
06-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Id like to keep things as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality anymore than neccesary. I have 8 speaker locations in my car, 2 tweeters on the dash, which have an opening large enough to fit 3" speakers, 6.5"s in the front doors, 6.5"s with tweeters right above them in the side panels next to the rear seats. All the speakers are stock and sound as you would expect from 16 year old no-name factory speakers. What Id like to do is 2 way components, front and rear. Im currently leaning towards the Power Bass S line, as Ive read good things and they wont break the bank. Id like to keep everything under $500. I have a cheap Panasonic hu that came with the car, but Ill be swapping that out at a later date. Ill also be adding a sub eventually, a single 10". What do you guys reccomend for good sq on the cheap?

TL;DR- looking for good sq at a decent price in a small hatch with 4 tweets and 4 speakers.

Why So Cereal?
06-29-2012, 09:45 AM
Some of my favorite budget components are Image Dynamics CTX

BIGJEFF64
06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
i like the powerbass line but i would try to go into the 2xl line IMO. there are plenty of decent 10's out there u have to figure out how much room u wanna take up in ur hatch

keep_hope_alive
06-29-2012, 01:50 PM
Powerbass speakers are decent. I've used them in boats with good success.

$500 gets you two sets of HAT Imagine I61-2

iampakman
06-30-2012, 01:14 AM
As far as pricing goes, the Powerbass 2xl is more to my liking but Ive found the Image Dynamics CTX for $160 for a component set, which would leave me with some money leftover to go towards a new headunit as well. I already have a nice 10" box (dont remember the exact size of it though and I have no tape measure to find out) but Im leaning towards the DC Level 2, or a Sundown E10.

iampakman
07-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Any other suggestions?

brandonloserkid
07-10-2012, 10:45 AM
I love the Image Dynamics CTX65cs'. I'm picking up a set this weekend. A buddy of mine has a set and they sound fantastic and they're only in stock locations without sound deadening and the doors aren't sealed at all.