PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: IMage Dynamics Dims.

BenW
03-27-2004, 07:10 PM
I am looking for outside dimensions (diameter and height) of a Image Dyanmics CX62 or CX4 grill.
I am starting pods and want to accomodate for the grill dimension b4 they arrive.

Thanks,

Ben

EricM
03-27-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the grill dimension. The woofer cutout is 5 5/8" and the full diameter is 6 5/8". They're 3" deep. The tweeter cutout is 2 1/4" and the trim ring is 2 5/8".

BenW
03-27-2004, 08:55 PM
I mean the grill that comes with the speakers.
If the speaker is 6-5/8 then is the grill just a hair bigger? Or is it right at 6-5/8? Or is at like 7"?

By grill I mean the cover, the protector, lotta times, it;s a larger outside. dim.

Ben.

EricM
03-28-2004, 07:17 AM
They don't come with woofer grills. What size you want would depend on how it's mounted. If you want to try to find a grill that has mounting holes that line up with the speaker mounting holes, they're 6 1/8" center to center.

If you flush mount the woofer in the pod (you need the 5 5/8" hole with a 1" ring around it set in 3/8" deeper than the face of the pod) then any grill bigger than 5 5/8" will clear the surround and you'll just need grill clamps that screw in outside the speaker diameter.

BenW
03-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Sounddomain's shopping site says that they do. I will call ID tommorrow to find out for sure.
I kinda want to mount them in the pods so that the top of the grill only sticks out past the surface for the pod only a little bit. At least thats what I THINK i wanna do.
It probably would be easier to just face mount them.

EricM
03-28-2004, 10:29 AM
I have the components, so maybe the separate mid basses come with grills? ID has their own forum at the SD forums where a tech can give you an answer about it.