PDA

View Full Version : Box for a set of speakers? Massive VK6

PuZo
06-20-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm doing a little project and need to put in a pair(2 drivers/2 tweeters) into a box/rectangle. Can I put them all into a sealed box and if so, what size approximately? It's not going in a car so size doesn't have to be restrained. Thanks.

Mr.meyhem
06-20-2012, 01:02 AM
put it a something a little bigger than a show box and so the magnet isn't touching the back of the box, and then put a pvc pipe in it and tune it to w/e u want or seal ur choice

PuZo
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
put it a something a little bigger than a show box and so the magnet isn't touching the back of the box, and then put a pvc pipe in it and tune it to w/e u want or seal ur choice

So there isn't a minimum? I'm guessing the bigger the box(sealed) the better the bass will sound? I think the max I'll make it will be about 2ft x 2ft x 2ft around that size? Maybe a bit bigger?

How would I tune it? Would the output(60w rms I believe) be enough to make it sound good ported? Would you put the crossovers inside or outside the box?

Mr.meyhem
06-20-2012, 01:16 AM
So there isn't a minimum? I'm guessing the bigger the box(sealed) the better the bass will sound? I think the max I'll make it will be about 2ft x 2ft x 2ft around that size? Maybe a bit bigger?

How would I tune it? Would the output(60w rms I believe) be enough to make it sound good ported? Would you put the crossovers inside or outside the box?

im not an expert by far on this just saying but i put some old 6.5 in some sealed boxes and they kick a$$ um just with basic port tuning. and yeah should be just fine. and bigger can be better just get some cheap wood and build a few and see what u like then build a nice clean looking one to the size u like. crossover inside would be fine would just take up more internal room. on the back would be fine too. just depends

PuZo
06-20-2012, 11:18 AM
Cool thanks, I'l get a buddy to build it for me, so i guess I'll just ask him what he thinks.