PDA

View Full Version : New Box Needed - Help! (Dual RF T210 4D)

Mommy Wagon
06-09-2012, 05:43 PM
I have just picked up a pair of subs and a box for near dirt cheap - but I will be needing a new box. This is a temporary set up, how temporary it is depends on the sound and overall SQ capability.

Assuming that I will be required to build a ported box for the subs, as the manufacturer seems to only recomend a ported design I will require assistance in calculating the port requirements vs. volume vs. port location.

I will be building out of a combination of fiberglass and MDF (1"), attaining the volume required per sub will not be difficult; though sub direction and cancellation is a worry of mine.

Install/Component Specs:

Vehicle: 2009 Escalade SUV

Amplifier: Kicker 2500.1 (yeah, might be a little big for the subs)

Subwoofer: (2) Rockford Fosgate T210 4D
- Wired to 4ohm

Box Volume: Assistance Req'd

Port Size: Assistance Req'd (Unless I can run these sealed - then assistance is required in a different direction)

Tune Frequency: 30-35ish (Possible? Lower?)

Now for general questions:

- I plan on building the enclosure as a single shared chamber; will having these in separate chambers make a big difference?
- Will 2 vs. 1 sub make a really big difference? 3db+?
- Will inverting the subs hurt sound quality?
- Has anyone built a sealed box for these with success?

Thanks!

Mommy Wagon
06-09-2012, 06:55 PM
I was on CarAudio and found a calculator that spit out these dimensions -

3 cu/ft box tuned to 32hz = 3"H X 8"W X 17"L port

Does this seem correct?

goingdef
06-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I tuned to 32 on all my t1/t2's and they sounded great! after you get these in a good ported enclosure I doubt they will be considered your temp setup anymore!

Mommy Wagon
06-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Goingdef - could you elaborate on the port and box dimensions you had used to tune to 32hz?

Buck
06-09-2012, 08:22 PM
What kind of music are you listening to?

winkychevelle
06-09-2012, 08:24 PM
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/30/35cubes32hz5075sqin1aw.png/)

goingdef
06-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Goingdef - could you elaborate on the port and box dimensions you had used to tune to 32hz?

man I only built a box for one off the rf site to specs for a ten the other time I ran two I just used a subzero prefab as I was just waiting for this
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x81/animalnut1310/P5310060.jpg

Mommy Wagon
06-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Buck,

Hip hop, R&B, Electronic, Rock, Funk, Dance - really anything but country.

My preference is as low and clean as possible while maintaining transition to mid bass. This will be an SQL build that leans heavy on the SQ; though for this application I've always gone sealed.