PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVH-P8400BH and rear audio output (for rear display)

Lectoid
06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
I have the above mentioned head deck running two headrest monitors. When I use wireless headphones with the displays, the sound doesn't get that loud. I thought it was the headphones so I used them in a Volvo stock setup and they got real loud. Long story short it's the Pioneer deck not putting out enough juice from the "REAR AUDIO OUT" jack. I hooked two other sources (Wii and DVD player) up to the displays audio input and the wireless headphones where loud. So I know it's not the displays.

I've searched all through the manual and I see no way to control the volume on this jack, but it sounds like it's not pushing the normal voltage that it should be. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to/shouldn't have to buy a line level booster.

Thanks.

rfmayhem
06-06-2012, 11:46 AM
I have the above mentioned head deck running two headrest monitors. When I use wireless headphones with the displays, the sound doesn't get that loud. I thought it was the headphones so I used them in a Volvo stock setup and they got real loud. Long story short it's the Pioneer deck not putting out enough juice from the "REAR AUDIO OUT" jack. I hooked two other sources (Wii and DVD player) up to the displays audio input and the wireless headphones where loud. So I know it's not the displays.

I've searched all through the manual and I see no way to control the volume on this jack, but it sounds like it's not pushing the normal voltage that it should be. Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to/shouldn't have to buy a line level booster.

Thanks.
did you try turning the volume up on the monitors?

MisterDeadeye
06-06-2012, 12:42 PM
See if you can turn up your source level adjustment(or SLA).

Lectoid
06-06-2012, 03:34 PM
The headrest monitors volume is maxed. And like I said it's louder at the same volume with a different source.

The SLA only adjusts the gain to the radio, not coming out of it. I called Pioneer and they confirmed this volume isn't adjustable. I'm going to buy a Line level driver to boost the RCA voltage. That's probably the simplest solution.

rfmayhem
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM
please let me know if the line driver work am looking to buy the same radio

Lectoid
06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
please let me know if the line driver work am looking to buy the same radio

It will be here Monday, so keep checking after the weekend and I will post an update. This is only an issue if you plan on using rear displays for kids or whoever. This doesn't affect any other operation of the radio.

Lectoid
06-12-2012, 10:45 PM
IT WORKS!!!. I bought one of those PAC LD-10 things off of ebay for $20 and some 1 mail - 2 mail splitters, and now I have a louder signal to my read displays/wireless headsets. It ***** I had to use it, but I'm glad that it was an easy fix.

rfmayhem
06-26-2012, 08:12 PM
IT WORKS!!!. I bought one of those PAC LD-10 things off of ebay for $20 and some 1 mail - 2 mail splitters, and now I have a louder signal to my read displays/wireless headsets. It ***** I had to use it, but I'm glad that it was an easy fix.does that line drive need power to it and can i run my ipod up front while the kids watch/listen to dvd

Lectoid
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes, the PAC LD-10 line driver does need 12v, I just hooked it to the amp line from the radio. And yes on the other question. You can listen to the radio, ipod, Pandora, etc. while the kids are watching a movie in the back.

If they are watching a DVD, then you can't listen to a CD because the drive is in use for the DVD. Now if they are watching a movie from the SD card, then you can use the CD/DVD drive for the front source.