PDA

View Full Version : Need A Good Loud SQ System, Any help?

MellowHype
06-06-2012, 06:31 AM
So my uncle has asked me to get him a system together, he wants it loud and high quality sound.
He listens to music like The Jam, so mainly rock kinda stuff.
I dont think he has alot of room for a sub, unless it would be something small like and 8" in a sealed box.
I was thinking of getting Hertz: ESK165, however ive never heard them so dont really know if theyre good.
Can anyone reccomend a good set of good SQL comps and an amp to power them?

Thanks alot.

DoesDad
06-06-2012, 06:38 AM
What's your uncle's budget? Good quality comps can get pretty pricey. Check these out: http://hybrid-audio.com/products/

MellowHype
06-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Tbh i dont think he really has a budget lol, but i dont want to be the one recommending him 400 comp's for them not to sound very good.

They dont have to be top of the range, he just likes his music loud, with good sq.
Those hybrid's look awesome however im in the uk and i cant seem to find em on any uk websites.

Flex68
06-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Also be nice to know what kind of ride, along with planned mounting locations, space restrictions, etc.

An 8" sub in a sealed enclosure will give him some noise, but "loud" is relative, lol. SA, Skar, Dayton HO, JL W6 might be a few reasonable options to consider.

The list of potential comps to provide him with a solid front stage is better narrowed down with a set budget, along with the above info.

MellowHype
06-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Also be nice to know what kind of ride, along with planned mounting locations, space restrictions, etc.

An 8" sub in a sealed enclosure will give him some noise, but "loud" is relative, lol. SA, Skar, Dayton HO, JL W6 might be a few reasonable options to consider.

The list of potential comps to provide him with a solid front stage is better narrowed down with a set budget, along with the above info.

It is a ford pickup f1, if not a similar old pick up, and the mounting location for the midbass will be in the lower half of the door, and tweeters i dont know yet.
I dont think he will be botherd not having a sub, just some good comp's that give a nice midbass and good quality sound.

Id say a budget of around $300.
Thanks for the help

CHEMMINS
06-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Look into the crescendo lineup. They are a PA style. So they will get loud off little power. And they will also be in the freq range of the rock yer uncle listens to .