PDA

View Full Version : Factory Remote starter?

cbuts
06-02-2012, 09:37 PM
hi, i drive a 2006 chevrolet malibu lt 3.5l v6.

i believe it came with a remote starter, when i bought it, i was given 2 key chains, i took both to dealership(they paid i dont know how much) and i believe they only programmed one?

is it possible i can program my spare one myself? as my other one seems to not fully function.

thanks

cbuts
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
hi, i drive a 2006 chevrolet malibu lt 3.5l v6.

i believe it came with a remote starter, when i bought it, i was given 2 key chains, i took both to dealership(they paid i dont know how much) and i believe they only programmed one?

is it possible i can program my spare one myself? as my other one seems to not fully function.

thanks
bump

FLOSSINON24S
06-06-2012, 01:14 PM
you should be able to program replacement remotes yourself. look in your manual for the instructions. The dealer only has to activate the remote start.

cbuts
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
you should be able to program replacement remotes yourself. look in your manual for the instructions. The dealer only has to activate the remote start.

oh okay ill try looking, if anyone can find it please post. thanks

cbuts
06-07-2012, 12:45 AM
cant find anything relating to remote starter :(