PDA

View Full Version : New to the site from Indy

IndyStreetRacer
06-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Hello all. New to the site and have been out of the game since the late 80's early 90's. It appears alot has changed. Most good names are still just that, some have seemed to sell out and are pushing product and not so much quality as years before. I got the itch to upgrade the tunes in my 2004 Impala SS and the only thing i'm lacking at the moment is my front stage. I have a pair of Kicker CompVR 10's in a Atrend Sealed B-Box, they are getting powered by a Rockford Fosgate Power T500-1bdCP amp. I am going to run a pair of Soundstream 6x9 in the rear deck and use the factory amp for now, which is 2 ohm, but plan to install a 4 channel amp later.
I'm just trying to decide on what to run up in the doors. The factory speakers are a 6 3/4" component with seperate tweeter. I am open to a 6.5" coax or may go with another component. I have been hearing alot of the brand Hertz and am wondering about other speakers to fill the front. My budget is $300.00 for the front. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

jirehn
06-04-2012, 01:16 AM
Hi, Welcome most in this forum, Glad to have you here in this forum, Hope you can have a great time staying here.

murph
06-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Welcome, the most popular brand of comps on here are CDT and for a good reason.