PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise while pandora is on? Anyone experanced this?

JoshC
05-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Picked up the aux port for my CDA105 so i could jam pandora in the car. I got it all working and it sounded great. Took a trip to houston and noticed along the way while playing drum and bass i could hear this click noise with the snare. It was also doing it to some dub with that pitch so i thought maybe it was that fq, the cord, or my phone(HTC EVO). Because i did notice this while using a eclipse cd8455 via pandora also. So i changed the settings on pandora to HD quality for streaming and its been fine lately. I figured it was just a bad signal, but then it started again today. Still does it even when connected to 4G, so i dont think its the connection. But it sounds crystal clear off my ipod using the 3.5mm jack, and its been very clear until today with D&B.

Going to try using music off the SD card to listen for clicks, anyone got any ideas?

BTW, the clicking is coming from the tweeters only

Imtjnotu
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Pandora streams low quality music... It just happens its not ur Internet or phone its Pandora being crappy

JoshC
05-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Pandora streams low quality music... It just happens its not ur Internet or phone its Pandora being crappy

thats ******* lame, if i upgrade my membership will it get better speeds? Its not even that the quality sounds bad, it actaully sounds pretty decent sometimes. But its like its only good half the time lol

It stops when i switch to alternative lol

Imtjnotu
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
You can select the quality in options but doesn't a real difference....

Also some songs sound worse them others

bubbagumper6
05-30-2012, 09:32 PM
I experience it sometimes as well. Some songs it will be really bad on but most don't have it...

JoshC
05-30-2012, 09:35 PM
You can select the quality in options but doesn't a real difference....

Also some songs sound worse them others

I experience it sometimes as well. Some songs it will be really bad on but most don't have it...

Yep, seems to be luck of the draw

Falcons
05-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Rack city b|tch

TaylorFade
05-31-2012, 06:48 AM
I've noticed it too. At the moment, I am only using my phone to run the system so I hear it every day.

Just for comparison's sake, I downloaded "I heart radio" and first impressions are that it's killing Pandora. Quality is better. No clicking. It also seems more consistent. Pandora has some songs that sound better, some worse. Some louder, some less.

I dunno. I've only got a day of listening with it, but I may be using it more often.

Also, anybody else have this problem? Every so often when I put my iPhone to "sleep" while streaming, Pandora will freeze and I have to restart my phone to get it back from the dead. WTF is that about?

Imtjnotu
05-31-2012, 06:51 AM
doesnt happen with me for restarting but sometimes changing tracks takes forever....

im gonna try iheart today then