PDA

View Full Version : aeroport distance from back wall.

Falcons
05-26-2012, 10:54 PM
im using 8" sonotube for an aeroport on a box i am designing and i was wondering how much distance from the back wall to the port i need to have? there is 2.5-3" from the back wall from the end of the port. will that effect anything? or do i need to increase the distance?

Kangaroux
05-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Ideally you want the diameter to be the distance from the port and any sort of wall, whether it be the side/back wall in your box or the hatch of your vehicle. Make it 8" away from the wall. It will drop your tuning slightly but you won't get any noise.

Falcons
05-26-2012, 10:57 PM
Ideally you want the diameter to be the distance from the port and any sort of wall, whether it be the side/back wall in your box or the hatch of your vehicle. Make it 8" away from the wall. It will drop your tuning slightly but you won't get any noise.

this is what i was thinking logically in the back of my mind. thanks bro.

Moble Enclosurs
05-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Considering that the energy is being dispersed in a 360 single plane, rather than "taking a corner" like the interior of a port does, the distance can also be half of the diameter and be ok, but like Kangaroux said, the full diameter will be much better for reducing noise issues. Just letting you know that a minimum can be half the diameter if a full 8" is not possible for you. :D

Buck
05-27-2012, 09:03 PM
I like to do full diameter.

Kangaroux
05-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I like to do full diameter.

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naug hty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Buck
05-27-2012, 09:30 PM
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naug hty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

:boink:

Gotta make sure it fits properly.

Moble Enclosurs
05-27-2012, 09:34 PM
That's 8" "AROUND" "Think about it"