PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

DDtC
05-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I have a show Sunday and I'm not going to have another chance to see a meter till then. I hit a 146.4 with the port on the passenger side. I just got done flipping the box and I think its louder but I really cant tell. Would you chance it and see what happens?

keep_hope_alive
05-18-2012, 09:51 PM
pics?

i would try to corner-load the port and sub. whatever configuration that yields. each orientation will change the actual tuning at the mic location. so your peak frequency will likely be different with each configuration.

your ears are terrible instruments. and if you can tolerate the level, you aren't that loud anyway. no offense, truf.

DDtC
05-18-2012, 09:54 PM
pics?

i would try to corner-load the port and sub. whatever configuration that yields. each orientation will change the actual tuning at the mic location. so your peak frequency will likely be different with each configuration.

your ears are terrible instruments. and if you can tolerate the level, you aren't that loud anyway. no offense, truf.

Thats one thing I'm worried about, I'm not going to have a chance to recheck the peak. Ill post a pic when the sun comes up if your around in the AM.

kushy_dreams
05-18-2012, 11:55 PM
So you got a new box and no more flat playing 6th order?

DDtC
05-19-2012, 07:00 AM

I did. Buck drew up a standered slot port.

CAT MAN
05-19-2012, 08:33 AM
i would go with what i know to be loud on the meter in my car for any show... i dont even change my feet positioning.

LBC
05-19-2012, 08:53 AM
Your wax-lab aka ear-o-meter is not accurate when it comes to spl. See if there is time before the show to test and tune. If not, leave it.

kushy_dreams
05-19-2012, 10:58 AM

And you're still only doing 146.4 with it? Or was that your old score and you havent metered the new box? If you get there early enough, most shows should have a test and tune or clinical where you can pay $5-10 and you can mess around with a meter for a little bit, I would try and do that, or hope someone else at the show has a meter that you could test with before you make your official run.

DDtC
05-19-2012, 12:48 PM
That's with the new box. I'm sitting here waiting for the meter now. It's 2 12s in a daily box. A 46 isn't bad.

CAT MAN
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM
howd it go