PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a new headunit?

stay_high
05-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Just put 4 hifonic zeus ZXi 683's on a clarion XR2410 (puts out 60 rms) in my ford focus. But there only a little bit louder than my stock speaker setup? There not very clear when i turn in up loud either. I set all my gains/crossovers too. Is this all a 60 rms amp will do? The speakers can handle 85 rms so would it sound better if i just ran the front two speakers bridged rather than all four? Amp puts out 100 rms bridged. Or do i need a new head unit? Because currently my sytem goes like this. Sony xplod HU>RCA's going to mb quart onyx mono amp>RCA's from onyx output to Clarion Inputs. using 2 RCA splitters because my the onyx only has 1 output and the clarion has none. Would getting a new HU with 3 outputs be a lot better? I just wana be able to clearly here the rest of my music over my 12's!!!

MisterDeadeye
05-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Yes.

stay_high
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
When i get a new one, i can just unplug the other and plug the new one in right? No cutting and re attaching wires? Or do i need a new wiring harness?

pickup1
05-12-2012, 10:46 PM
You will have to cut the sonys wiring off.just do 1 wire at a time,and keep them matching.
Use the front/rear/sub preouts and it will sound much better.