PDA

View Full Version : * Pioneer 80PRS Review *

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Review of Head Unit:

WALL OF TEXT

This is my somewhat early review of the 80prs....for this review im going to be putting it up against my old Alpine 9887...

i have only had the deck for a few days now but i can tell u there are noticeable differences in both SQ and Features.

Looks
The Deck is **** looking...very sleek and plain up front. not over done with a bunch of buttons. the buttons feel good and the track skip dial is easy to use. so if ur not looking while driving u wont be pressing the wrong thing changing songs...there are also many color options for both the keys and background which gives it a good look.

its also very easy to remove and insert the face plate compared to my 9887....just push eject and pull out no need to pull to the side and when putting it back in u just press it in straight...no lining up the gears and holes on one side ....just line the hole piece up with the trim and with both hands push back

the only main issue i did have with the lack of buttons was changing radio stations. there is no 1-6 for presets. there is a quick change button but it only remembers ur last 3 used stations. if you want ur full list of stations you have to push the search button and that brings up ur presets.....not a bad thing but not a good quick one...

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/Product%20Images/Car/DEH-80PRS_angle.jpg

looks 8/10

Features

this is where the some comparison to the 9887 takes effect.

the 80PRS has so many features built in for connectivity...yes i kno the 9887 released 5 years ago but the fact i had to buy an addon just to use usb/ Bluetooth/ ipod/ auxiliary/ i wasnt that happy. the addons you have to buy were all over priced even for today.

the 80PRS comes with built in SD Card support, Bluetooth calling and streaming, Dual USB inputs, auxiliary input and a 3.5mm input on the front of the device.....this thing is loaded.

USB support is fast no lag like i had with my Eclipse 7100. and the lack of items on my 9887 is miles and miles behind due to its age. the 9887 cant even directly compare. all i could ever do with my 9887 was CD's....even the ipod control was hard to navigate at times

the bluetooth streaming is a breeze to set up and easy to use...you can control your pandora and track skipping all on the deck itself with out ever having to touch the phone. yes you need to go into the phone to open pandora but thats easy after that its all deck control

the sound quality from the bluetooth is really great. only thing that lacks is Pandora sound quality.

also the blue tooth calling is very clear and have no issues of being heard

features 10/10

Sound Quality

now for the main focus of all of this.....the ESSS QUEESS....the only real part people want to kno

i myself love a warm sounding front stage..i cant do bright and have never liked the sound of bright

one thing i notices with my 9887 was that it could be a little too bright even after messing with the EQ....mid bass for me also seemed to lack even on just a 6db slope..i found my self leaving it in flat more just to pick up the midbass on my fronts.......this is one Area where i noticed right away that the Pioneer didnt lack in....on my 18db slope now the midbass is rich and not lacking... my Clarus C61-2 seemed to wake up and didnt lack any low end extension even down to 50hz with out distortion....

the time alignment also allows you to set your tweets TA and your mids TA... the Auto EQ also came in handy but i found myself taking those settings and setting them up my way. the 16 Band EQ was also very easy to use and gave my mid range an over all boost compared to the 9887.

once TA was set up with my EQ and Crossover my Hats seemed to be Alive. they kept up with every type of song i could throw at them. all my dubstep rap jazz and house sounded clean and amazing.

i cant speak for subs yet as i wont have them installed till tomorrow but i will be updating with how the bass is now..

Sound Quality 9/10

final note is that my Apline 9887 never did this for me....it could always keep up but it was more bright and lacking in everything else.....

i recommend this deck to anyone looking to upgrade or on the fence whether to get it or not DO IT...you seriously wont be disappointed

The_Grimy_One
05-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Once you said looks 8/10, I stopped reading...
Only better looking deck is the 99PRS.

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:03 PM

and that is why i gave it that.....the 99prs was the most gorgeous i have ever seen and to me is the only deck i would give a 10/10 on looks

The_Grimy_One
05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
and that is why i gave it that.....the 99prs was the most gorgeous i have ever seen and to me is the only deck i would give a 10/10 on looks

So I would believe the 80 should receive a 9/10.
Regardless, I will not read your review because I want one so bad! Lol.

Bettr n' Revrse
05-09-2012, 05:05 PM

Mehhh matter of opinion I like the look of my 7100 over just about anything but the 99prs...

The_Grimy_One
05-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Mehhh matter of opinion I like the look of my 7100 over just about anything but the 99prs...

Thats why your opinions dont matter.

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:08 PM
So I would believe the 80 should receive a 9/10.
Regardless, I will not read your review because I want one so bad! Lol.
haha get one dom....and i just kinda missed the preset buttons that was my only gripes with the looks....still the thing is sexier then any other deck i have ever done

mylows10
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
nice review tj.and for you grimy i have one left for sale

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:14 PM
thanks jim

Bettr n' Revrse
05-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Thats why your opinions dont matter.

I wish they would have used a more vibrant screen in the Pio... But come on how can you not like the Eclipse lol

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2919000-2919999/2919972_38_full.jpg

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:19 PM
waits for Dragon to come in here rip my review apart and say how the 9887 is better :sneaky:

mylows10
05-09-2012, 05:21 PM
waits for Dragon to come in here rip my review apart and say how the 9887 is better :sneaky:

only because he doesn't have one, but he wants one . go figure huh!

The_Grimy_One
05-09-2012, 05:32 PM
How much u want for it?

mylows10
05-09-2012, 05:33 PM
hit me up

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:40 PM
keep it out of my threads scammers

mylows10
05-09-2012, 05:41 PM
keep it out of my threads scammers

hater

papermaker
05-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Every pioneer deck I hear sounded dull and lacked topend..
Hopefully it's better..
The x991 put the 9887 and prs 880 to shame in definition..

bhsdriller
05-09-2012, 05:47 PM
still haven't installed mine..how user friendly is it to setup the ta/crossovers/eq

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 05:52 PM
still haven't installed mine..how user friendly is it to setup the ta/crossovers/eq

its honestly not.....that friendly......it took me a good 4 hours to figure out how to set a radio station.....***** there is no paper manual so i had to download it on my phone and just keep it open........once you get the hang of TA tho everything else just falls into place....

make sure on the top of the decks chassis you select NW and L for the rcas

bhsdriller
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
I got the cd that came with it and read through the manual a few times, but it still seems complicated. Guess I just need to put it in and start messing with it

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 06:01 PM
do it bro u will see

wickedwitt
05-09-2012, 06:06 PM
auto TA with the mic is painless. Manually setting it is contrived a bit.

Deck is by far the clearest thing I've ever heard, and papermaker, there is no lack in the highs on this one.

myjaja
05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I wanted one before it came out. Then the first day it came out, we put one in my friends car. Its a pretty nice radio but I hate the way it looks. The knob is huge and the face looks and feels cheap like something youd see from an off brand radio. It looks a whole lot better off the computer than it does in real life. lol... I dont know if I wanna upgrade from my pioneer 860 to it. I do want those extra features but I love the way my 860 looks way more.

I wouldnt give it an 8/10 on looks, it should be more like 6/10. Everything else seems pretty accurate.

jaeguerra909
05-09-2012, 06:38 PM
The only thing good about this deck is the 15 band Eq I hate the twist knob its not that responsive cranking up a deck to 59 is a pain it goes to 62 but 59 is where I like it the Bluetooth streaming is great haven't seen too many single dins do that yet unless my cda 117 was very out dated

wickedwitt
05-09-2012, 06:44 PM
The only thing good about this deck is the 15 band Eq I hate the twist knob its not that responsive cranking up a deck to 59 is a pain it goes to 62 but 59 is where I like it the Bluetooth streaming is great haven't seen too many single dins do that yet unless my cda 117 was very out dated

I know every deck is different, but my old 4300 was distorting at 59. 58 was the loudest clean signal out of it. Haven't scoped this particular deck yet, but I set everything based on a 58 max again. Just an FYI. Remote makes short work of 15-20 clicks, dial isn't even necessary.

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 06:52 PM
ya its some what a pain to lower the volume when its up high just wish there was a quick mute button....but still the sound it puts out makes me forget about all the small nit picking

bhsdriller
05-09-2012, 06:54 PM
that's one thing I like on my x993...the remote has a button that instantly lowers the volume(not quite mute)

And I really like the way this one looks

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 07:18 PM
that's one thing I like on my x993...the remote has a button that instantly lowers the volume(not quite mute)

And I really like the way this one looks
there is a pause button on the remote i can use to pause...gonna get some velcro later to mount the remote to my dash

Imtjnotu
05-09-2012, 09:59 PM
I wanted one before it came out. Then the first day it came out, we put one in my friends car. Its a pretty nice radio but I hate the way it looks. The knob is huge and the face looks and feels cheap like something youd see from an off brand radio. It looks a whole lot better off the computer than it does in real life. lol... I dont know if I wanna upgrade from my pioneer 860 to it. I do want those extra features but I love the way my 860 looks way more.

I wouldnt give it an 8/10 on looks, it should be more like 6/10. Everything else seems pretty accurate.doesn't feel that cheap to me

CRSO
05-10-2012, 01:39 AM
Nice review bro...

Just curious, how come you didn't get a newer alpine? I'm partial to Alpine H/U's and am wondering how they stack up against the new school competition...

Imtjnotu
05-10-2012, 02:48 AM
To me and others the new alpine decks are not what they once we're

infamous_e46
05-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Still aint no cd7200mkii gooby

Imtjnotu
05-10-2012, 03:25 AM
Still aint no cd7200mkii gooby

Joesay pls

infamous_e46
05-10-2012, 03:43 AM
Truth gooby

Imtjnotu
05-10-2012, 03:58 AM
Doubt it I had the 7100 and the only difference between the 7100 and 7200 was bluetooth and copper chassis...... This deck to me is better then my old 7100

infamous_e46
05-10-2012, 04:32 AM
Doubt it I had the 7100 and the only difference between the 7100 and 7200 was bluetooth and copper chassis...... This deck to me is better then my old 7100

idk man i had the p860mp and my cd7200mkii at the same time and there is somthing about a deaD HEAD WITH 8 VOLTS THAT MAKES YOUR @SS TICKLE

wickedwitt
05-10-2012, 03:12 PM
ya its some what a pain to lower the volume when its up high just wish there was a quick mute button....but still the sound it puts out makes me forget about all the small nit picking

I loved the -20db mute my Alpine had on it. We already have a Pause button for anything aside from the radio, why can't the Pioneer Mute be a -20 or -30 slope instead of full on mute?

wickedwitt
05-10-2012, 03:13 PM
idk man i had the p860mp and my cd7200mkii at the same time and there is somthing about a deaD HEAD WITH 8 VOLTS THAT MAKES YOUR @SS TICKLE

Considering most amps today commonly only accept up to 5v, and most decks are confined by much stricter tolerances than the days of old; there's really no reason to get giddy over 8v preouts in this day and age.

EDIT: Those Eclipse HU everyone is drooling about look cheap/gimmicky if you ask me. No offense if you like them, but they just scream cheap with that side on the left. Haven't seen one in person in a long time, so I could change my mind but Google pics do them no justice. Probably has a lot to do with that HUGE chrome dial.

infamous_e46
05-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Considering most amps today commonly only accept up to 5v, and most decks are confined by much stricter tolerances than the days of old; there's really no reason to get giddy over 8v preouts in this day and age.

EDIT: Those Eclipse HU everyone is drooling about look cheap/gimmicky if you ask me. No offense if you like them, but they just scream cheap with that side on the left. Haven't seen one in person in a long time, so I could change my mind but Google pics do them no justice. Probably has a lot to do with that HUGE chrome dial.

They dont put out 8v unless the output is turned up like any other deck and as far as calling it cheap umm ok non copper chassis havin @ss and yes the newer pioneers work great but look and feel like dual decks

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/Ludemandan/mobile%20audio/Equipment/CD7200MKII.jpg

wickedwitt
05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
That pic looks better than those God awful stock photos on google.

Why So Cereal?
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
All my Pioneer decks had ATT which was a quick way to turn it down

Nice review messican. Anyone into sq on a budget should have this deck IMO. And I think it's smexy.

maylar
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Wondering about the FM presets... how clumsy is it to get to them? Is it a menu thing that you have to navigate to, and will the menu stay open once you push the button?

Imtjnotu
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Wondering about the FM presets... how clumsy is it to get to them? Is it a menu thing that you have to navigate to, and will the menu stay open once you push the button?

there is a search button on the faceplate...when your on the tuner you push the search and it shows your presets..you just use the M.C. (turn dial) and select the one you want

splwj47
05-11-2012, 02:57 PM
there is a search button on the faceplate...when your on the tuner you push the search and it shows your presets..you just use the M.C. (turn dial) and select the one you want

you should make a video on how to do everything, just installed mine and am a bit lost on setting it up.

splwj47
05-11-2012, 02:58 PM

you should make a video on how to do everything, just installed mine and am a bit lost on setting it up.

Imtjnotu
05-11-2012, 03:40 PM
ill try and make a video later for you that i dont mind doing

splwj47
05-11-2012, 04:09 PM

sweet, one thing i cant find is the networking option in the audio, i dont have it?

Liljestrand
05-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Did you flip the switch for networking on the outside of the deck? After you do that it should be in the audio section.

splwj47
05-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Did you flip the switch for networking on the outside of the deck? After you do that it should be in the audio section.

ya i just read that in that manual, guess i got to pull the hu out :crap: also i set up bluetooth and i cant navigate threw songs from the hu and doesnt show none of the tracks?

Imtjnotu
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
ya i just read that in that manual, guess i got to pull the hu out :crap: also i set up bluetooth and i cant navigate threw songs from the hu and doesnt show none of the tracks?

On your phone or ipod?? And I switched back to standard because network has no sub control besides the gain on the amp

splwj47
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM
On your phone or ipod?? And I switched back to standard because network has no sub control besides the gain on the amp

on my iphone.

splwj47
05-11-2012, 04:51 PM

on my iphone.

splwj47
05-11-2012, 07:52 PM
one more quick question, when running active do i use to the front rca outputs for the highs and the rears for the mids?

Liljestrand
05-11-2012, 08:04 PM
yes. when looking at the rca's on the back it should go from top to bottom highs-mids-sub

splwj47
05-11-2012, 08:18 PM
yes. when looking at the rca's on the back it should go from top to bottom highs-mids-sub

sweet thanks for the help

Imtjnotu
05-11-2012, 08:33 PM
the more i use this deck the more i love it........

splwj47
05-11-2012, 08:34 PM
and when streaming bluetooth from my i phone should i be able to switch between folders and have it displayed on the screen?

Imtjnotu
05-11-2012, 08:47 PM
yes try pressing the search button....

Liljestrand
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM
just an fyi in case you guys havent tried a hard drive yet. I have a 1 tb hard drive connected to mine with roughly 500 gigs of music on it. Reads in about 20 seconds. Its awesome.

splwj47
05-11-2012, 09:15 PM
yes try pressing the search button....

I press the search and display and nothing comes up

atxcontracting1
05-15-2012, 08:30 AM
I love the looks of this unit! Where did you purchase it, and price?

JLAudio Lifer
05-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Fellows, admittedly I have been out of the game for quite some time (10 + years to be exact.) Here is what I am contemplating and I will take your honest feedback. Why would I buy the Pioneer 80PRS over the Kenwood Excelon 996? The pioneer does not have HD radio correct, or did I miss it on their site? Also, the Kenwood has a REALLY small Sirius/xm unit to hook up to it and it is less expensive the pioneer units. Can you guys help me figure this out.

So far, here is what I have:

Wife's car:
JL Audio XD400/4
Memphis MClass components up front 6-1/2", and Memphis MClass 6x9's in the back- Stock head unit.

My car only has 2 speakers in it because it is made for speed, not sound, here is where I am at with that:

JL Audio ZR Components
JL Audio 300/4 V1

I need a head unit for both and I am thinking of going Kenwood, but I cannot get over how good this Pioneer unit looks. The Kenwood is also less expensive and comes with HD Radio.

Let me know your thoughts

Imtjnotu
05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
if ur a heavy sirius user then go with the kenwood...if ur an sq guy who doesnt care about sirus xm then go with 80 prs

and i got it from a dealer on here mylows10

bhsdriller
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
its honestly not.....that friendly......it took me a good 4 hours to figure out how to set a radio station.....***** there is no paper manual so i had to download it on my phone and just keep it open........once you get the hang of TA tho everything else just falls into place....

make sure on the top of the decks chassis you select NW and L for the rcas

what's the difference in the NW(forget the other selection) on the rca's. Is one for running active and the other not?

Edit: I'm currently not running active, but might in a few months

Imtjnotu
05-18-2012, 07:59 PM
what's the difference in the NW(forget the other selection) on the rca's. Is one for running active and the other not?

Edit: I'm currently not running active, but might in a few monthsya running NW is the active 3 way mode.....im in standard mode for now because im running passive

also this one the review for april woot

splwj47
05-22-2012, 12:40 AM
if anyone is interested to know, the deck starts to clip at 55 volume for the subwoofer, when i check for the mids and highs the hu didnt start to clip till like 63.

Imtjnotu
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
if anyone is interested to know, the deck starts to clip at 55 volume for the subwoofer, when i check for the mids and highs the hu didnt start to clip till like 63.

thats good to kno i didnt get to scope the rca's yet....thanks for this

splwj47
05-22-2012, 05:42 PM
thats good to kno i didnt get to scope the rca's yet....thanks for this

Ya i find it kinda wierd that the sub channel starts clippin at 55 and the front and rear channel dont clip until 63. The dd1 says to average out ur sub and font channels unclipped volume, but i just set my amps for 54. Let me know if u have different results when u scope it.

Imtjnotu
05-23-2012, 04:40 AM
I will gonna be a week or two as I need. To install a second batt

bhsdriller
05-24-2012, 10:00 PM
Imtjnotu

putting mine in tonight.....what is the difference in the L and H rca setting? This manual isn't very clear at all.
Also says to turn off the internal amp if you're not using it. That's necessary? No problem obviously if I have to do it

Imtjnotu
05-24-2012, 10:19 PM
If ur using amps leave it on L when running speakers off the deck leave it on H

Also I do not know how to turn off the internal amp.... I guess leaving it on L does it automatically

bhsdriller
05-24-2012, 11:52 PM
thanks

Just got it in...haven't really had time to mess with it yet, but it already sounds better then what it's replacing. Somehow I changed the language to French so I'll have to reset it probably to get it back to english lol

Imtjnotu
05-25-2012, 02:44 AM
Pull off the face and the reset button is to the left... A little pin hole

05trailblazer
05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
dummys when you start of the hu it'll let you change your setting as like language, date, internal amp, to update the software. when the HU is OFF press the volume knob itll take you there after like 5sec or so bhsdriller

wenn_du_weinst
05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
eh I'd rate looks around 5/10 other then that review is alright.

Beerdrnkr
06-26-2012, 07:37 PM
I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.

I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!

Imtjnotu
06-26-2012, 07:43 PM
I thought the Alpine 9887 was nice, it's a little more aggressive (in your face) sounding than most decks though. The Pioneer 800prs and P99RS are more laid back sounding but I think they sound really good. The Eclipse 7100 along with Kenwoods top of the line models (I've only used one, don't remember the model number) IMO have a good mix of both and IMO sound the best. 9887 was kind of a pain to navigate with and you do have to buy everything seperately. Kenwood doesn't have full active capabilities and lack what the other higher end units have. The 7100 is a pain in the *** to navigate through. The Pioneers I've always considered the easiest to navigate through with all the active settings.

I wish Pioneer would've went a little more classier looking with this new model but atleast they wrapped in all of the features without having to purchase seperately, unlike Alpines newer units. I might get one for my g/f's car for a simple 3way active setup. Gotta finish up my system first!

i need ur help bro.......

Beerdrnkr
06-26-2012, 07:47 PM
I have the day off. Let me know.

Imtjnotu
06-26-2012, 07:48 PM
I have the day off. Let me know.

texting you now

West
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm curious when you tested Pandora did you have the app set for the highest available audio quality?

Roland
12-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?

In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?

West
12-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Do you need to have 3 amps ( or a 5 channels amp) in order to use/set-up the front stage time alignment?

In other words my component speaker being on the same amp (front part of a 4 channel) can not really be time adjusted Right? so do i need to have three seperate amps high -mids -lows to take advantage of this HU fetures or am i just missing something?

You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.

What speakers are you using?

Roland
12-12-2012, 09:51 PM
You can preform time adjustments on a front stage that has passive crossovers. The problem is that having an individual channel for each speaker (active crossovers) will do much better for time alignment purposes (because the tweeters are a different distance away from your ears than the mid-bass speakers.) It also usually gives you better sound quality if you use the deck to decide the crossover points, but you will need an amp with more channels.

What speakers are you using?

I have RF T2562-S (100 watt rms) in the box waiting for install.

I was originally going to go with a PPI p900.4 Amp (140 Rms x 4 @4 ohms) to drive the t2652-s and a small 10 sub, but with this new info, it's back to the drawing board in finding a good value 5 or 6 channel Amp. Now i already have those speakers so finding a budget amp with some watts may be a challenge(I see now i will be going over budget). I do see a Massive Audio NX5 at $300 that might do a good job.

I really hope the extra expenses for this "3-Way Active Crossover Network, Auto EQ, Auto Time Alignment".. will be worth it. :)

subzero
02-14-2013, 04:34 AM

Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?

I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?

Samwatts22
02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Purchased 80prs last month. Came in mail a week or two ago, so excited to install. Great review, good re assurance i made the right choice!

Chicago_one
02-14-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm stuck between this unit and the AVH-8400bh. I already have the 8400, and the 80prs seems definitely on par and even better. How is the EQ adjustment? Easy to control? That's the one thing I really dislike on the AVH.

splwj47
02-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Is this clipping measured across all source levels? ARe all adjustments flat? What tone are you scoping? What is the Voltage on the preouts at point of clip?

I am thinking about getting this. I love my DEH-P860MP, I have scoped it and on a cd source all adjustments flat on 50hz tone I could go 40 of 40 and have zero signs of clipping via oscope. I wish this 80prs has a ibus in, but I will live without it. Do you guys have links for the hard drive add ons and other accessories I might want to pick up when I by this 80prs?

I scoped it with a 40hz sub and 1khz mid/high. The only source i checked was the cd. Everything was flat on HU. And the mids/high preout clipped at 60 not 63.

towtongebug
02-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.

If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.

brandonkain82
03-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Since we getting close to this race getting started, Im not going to change anything as far as the Pioneer motors go. Thus, both the old and current versions of the Typhoon 18k motors are allowed.

If nothing else, we will see how they compare against the Scalextric and Hawk motors under race conditions.

wtf is this about???????????????????

Timmy13091
03-03-2013, 02:16 PM
wtf is this about???????????????????

Hawk motors brah ! Lmao

brandonkain82
03-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Hawk motors brah ! Lmao

Hawk motor??? Guess who's back. Timmys back. Hi my name is tim shady....haha

devast8r3436
03-10-2013, 04:37 AM
Tim are you seriously talking slot cars in an audio forum?

gamehawk55
03-16-2013, 09:25 PM

Hey what happened to the rest of your review testing the sub sound quality? I'm thinking of getting one of these. I'm currently running a Kenwood doubleDIN DDX419, do u think that this deck will have way better SQ over the DDX?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Specifically for sub bass.

power-fanatic07
03-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Finally got my hands on one of these. Look forward to installing it :fro:

Nice review btw

Go2Sleep
03-26-2013, 01:22 AM
I'm curious when you tested Pandora did you have the app set for the highest available audio quality?

This and has does anyone use sound restorer 1, 2, or 3??
I turned it off assuming it was acting like a loudness feature.

04murdalanche
03-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Just got mine today as well can't wait to install it

PHD - USA
03-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Meh, they are alright units, I am taking mine out for an older eclipse.

splwj47
03-26-2013, 02:02 AM
they are piece of junk.

thatguy12
05-29-2013, 01:44 AM
i have this headunit and love it to death. i could here a difference in sound between my old cheapo jvc. took me a few days to figure the head unit out as there is menus within menus, but once you get a feel it easy. i still am adjusting settings seven months after bying this head unit, that just goes to show how many audio settings there are. some negatives about the unit in my opinion is the flimsy buttons and it gets hot after a while (over 30 min of use), but i have never had any problems related to that. awesome review and for the help a few months ago figuring the unit out OP.