PDA

View Full Version : DLS RS5A V.S. Boston Acoustics SE50 Components

trevinmahabir
05-09-2012, 12:47 PM
i have a 2007 subaru impreza 2.0R sedan. want to replace my stock speakers with a good SQ components and a similar SQ coaxial for the back. i have heard good things about DLS RS5A and the Boston Acoustics SE50. my doors are very shallow. their specs shud be good to fit well. Can anyone give me details on sound, durability and loudness? also, where shud i place the tweeter? i have a stock tweeter location on the door handle frame. would that be a good spot? any advice on tweeter location wod be great. Using a pioneer DEH-7400HD HU and a Rockford Fosgate 450.4 .......... already bought a pair of Image Dynamics CTX4 4" coaxials for the rear.

trevinmahabir
05-09-2012, 02:58 PM
common experts................. jus asking for which one would be the best SQ set up...... any advice how little or a lot would more than be appreciated...... thank you

trumpet
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
They're both good brands known for good sounding speakers. To the durability, barring abuse they will last much longer than it takes for most people to get the urge to try something different. Boston Acoustics has pulled out of the car audio market, but they're continuing warranty support.

I would try the tweeters in the stock location first. If you don't like the sound you can try some temporary locations with velcro to hold the tweeters in place. Some people like the sound of tweeters on the A-pillars, but it will introduce issues with reflections off the glass. You can also consider putting the tweeters in spheres. There are a couple of threads on the site discussing how to do this.

Why So Cereal?
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM
The Boston SEs are very nice for the price. Very efficient, clean, and will take as much power as u can throw at em