PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone build Custom boxes and ship?

InFaMoUs119
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
does anyone on these forums build sub enclosures and ship them out to the buyer? im looking have a box built for dual 12in sundown sa's or dual 15 sa's vented and tuned for low bass street bangin any help on a great builder that ships would be much appreciated thanks!.

legendndisguise
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
There are many vendors on here that do just that.

InFaMoUs119
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
and does any1 have dual 15's in a 2010 cobalt sedan? is it even possible? the trunk is pretty roomy once inside its just getting past the opening.

InFaMoUs119
05-02-2012, 07:47 PM
who would you recommend decently priced? thanks for the reply btw.

ideal concepts
05-02-2012, 07:54 PM
I dont think 15s are gonna fit. I did a single 15 for rebelfromva and it took up a nice amount of the trunck. The 2 12s would fit nice though

legendndisguise
05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't personally recommend anybody as I have not decided on how I want my box built yet. Most of the box build vendors can take care of what you need, and most are fair/good priced. Most of them take what vehicle you have into consideration so you know if it will fit. Just go into the vendors section: Supporting Vendors *NEW* (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/supporting-vendors-%2Anew%2A/) and I'm sure you'll find what you need.

dbeez
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
There are a ton of us pm us and talk to us and see who you like.

mlstrass
05-03-2012, 06:24 AM
you wouldn't have enough area on the face for subs/port to do 2 15's...

SuperSaeYoung
05-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Buck and ssteele18 comes to mind

pro-rabbit
05-03-2012, 09:28 AM
I don't think you will fit the 15s in there with out building inside the trunk and even then it may not work like you would want it to though. The 12s would be a nice direction to go though.

GAMEOVERCCA
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
buck does good designs

Somchine13
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
I would recommend ssteele18. You won't be disappointed.

Below20hzonly
05-03-2012, 12:06 PM
dc creations or buck

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

DC has a nice layout of prices too

freakin_rican
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
my vote goes to steele18... :veryhapp:

murph
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
dbeez has made me great boxes for the money

InFaMoUs119
05-03-2012, 07:57 PM
thanks for all the freindly info and direction guys ive gotten ahold of a few builders on here includeing buck...not meaning to go to far off topic on this thread but ive always been i guess what you could call mainstream when it comes to audio (subs) in general..ive always used kicker subs for the most part since the mid 90's and have only recently discovered these independent/private sub makers like Sundown,AQ ect. i have yet to actually hear or even see any of them in person doing alot of forum reading and talking to a few freinds long distance im gonna take a chance and try one of these brands (Sundown SA 12's) to be exact. after buying my last kicker Solo classic dual 12's already mounted in the kicker made sealed box model only 2 months ago(new) ive been kinda disapointed with the performance speicaly the low end bass extensions @ decently high volumes seems to loose its depth in bass rather quickly maybe because its sealed? but my question is are these private/independent brands truly better than the big mainstream brands like kicker,earthquake,infinity,rockford, jl audio ect. when it comes to performance,durability and quality. thanks guys

TheUnderFighter
05-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Nope. Nobody does that... it's not like... the very first section of the forum or anything either. Did you even TRY to find this out before starting a topic?

EDIT: Sorry to be an ***, but it had to be said. You've been a good sport thus far.
And yes, most of these subs are better than any of the brands you listed. Some of them still have their purposes. JL makes some pretty good SQ subs, that just cost way too much money. Kicker has the Solo X which is a great SPL sub, just way too pricey.
These companies interact on a level with the customers to find out exactly what the customers want, and bring them that. Something those big advertising companies haven't been able to do for a very long time.

Full Tilt
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
who would you recommend decently priced? thanks for the reply btw.

jeremyg1 and pro-rabbit are the first two to come to mind. There are many more on the forum.

InFaMoUs119
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
i did browse around for a bit be4 hand and as you can see my account was just made yesterday until that ive never been on this site Ever. no1 eles has commented a bit negative and there has been quite a few replys from different people ive found a few builders im talking to because of the replys. its all good So Chill oUt.
Nope. Nobody does that... it's not like... the very first section of the forum or anything either. Did you even TRY to find this out before starting a topic?

DoesDad
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
The Solo Classics are supposed to be in small sealed enclosures. They're made like the first solos Kicker put out. I'm sure the SA's will do you better than the Kickers in terms of hitting the low lows. I don't hate Kicker or JL or any other mainstream brand. They're just too expensive. There's too many underground companies that do a far better job for a lot less money. Sundown being one of them. You should also check out Skar. KevinSkarAudio.com is the guy for that. He's got a good deal going. 389.99 for 2 12's with enclosure. Can't beat that with a stick.

rebelfromva
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Op go with 2 12s. Trust me. My 1 15 was in 3.5 cubes and it was a mf to get in and took up 80% of the trunk. Our cars have small @$$ openings. If ya have any questions or need help with your car let me know

TheUnderFighter
05-03-2012, 08:13 PM
DonH designs, builds, and ships as well.

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 01:26 AM
yea, think im going with sundown sa 12's...already have my solo classics sold.. for the price i boughtem for new

brooklynjoy2008
05-05-2012, 01:57 AM
Welcome to the forum. I have 2 sa 12's, and IMO they are one of the best subs out for under $200. Do not let the 600 rms rating fool you they can take much more, and in the right enclosure a ton more. What amp will you be using?

hispls
05-05-2012, 02:27 AM
thanks for all the freindly info and direction guys ive gotten ahold of a few builders on here includeing buck...not meaning to go to far off topic on this thread but ive always been i guess what you could call mainstream when it comes to audio (subs) in general..ive always used kicker subs for the most part since the mid 90's and have only recently discovered these independent/private sub makers like Sundown,AQ ect. i have yet to actually hear or even see any of them in person doing alot of forum reading and talking to a few freinds long distance im gonna take a chance and try one of these brands (Sundown SA 12's) to be exact. after buying my last kicker Solo classic dual 12's already mounted in the kicker made sealed box model only 2 months ago(new) ive been kinda disapointed with the performance speicaly the low end bass extensions @ decently high volumes seems to loose its depth in bass rather quickly maybe because its sealed? but my question is are these private/independent brands truly better than the big mainstream brands like kicker,earthquake,infinity,rockford, jl audio ect. when it comes to performance,durability and quality. thanks guys

For the most part JL, Kicker, MTX, etc., haven't done anything new in over a decade and are mostly riding the reputations they built in the 90's. The smaller guys with something to prove are the ones pushing the envelope.

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 04:02 AM
ill be using my current amp that i was running the dual 12" solo classics on which is a hi-fonics brutas 1,200.1D @ 1ohm true watts..its only a month old or so.

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 04:06 AM
jeremyg1 and i were going over box designs tried the first with a cardboard sub box made to measurements and it wont fit! so we have to go a bit smaller which that design was already giving 1.80cu ft per sub and a 29hz tune... the trunk opening on my car is so small!! measurements were 15tall,35wide,18deep and it would not even attempt to get in.

brooklynjoy2008
05-05-2012, 04:14 AM
Can you pull the back seat out and go in through there? It might be a pita the first time, but after the first time it's not so bad.

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 04:17 AM
new hi-fonics brutas 1,200.1D @1ohm (true watts) i was using it on my 12' solo classics....someone on youtube was saying 12" kicker l7's have nothing on sa 12's if thats true thats a huge price difference...
Welcome to the forum. I have 2 sa 12's, and IMO they are one of the best subs out for under $200. Do not let the 600 rms rating fool you they can take much more, and in the right enclosure a ton more. What amp will you be using?

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 04:20 AM
i remember when i had everything installed the installer was like *man those seats were a pain in the @ss to get out and back in* lol i do have fold down back seats but its not quite tall or wide enough with them both down

pro-rabbit
05-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Use a precision port. That should help slim it down a tad, but you will be on the smaller side for sure.

InFaMoUs119
05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
yeah im gonna try thru the backseat first the wife has the car right now.. because i like the size of the box and i wanted it to be slot vented..we'll see i guess