PDA

View Full Version : Sanding hard corners on ports?

hondamikey
04-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Would it be worth sanding down hard edges and rounding out hard corners in the port or ports when I go to build my sub box? Just a though that ran threw my head when I was designing my sub box.

Kangaroux
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
They don't really make too much of a difference. Ideally you use a roundover bit and a router but if you don't have that and all you have is sandpaper it's not really worth it imo.

bhsdriller
04-30-2012, 05:58 PM
yeah don't do it unless you have a router and roundover bit, not worth the time/trouble in sanding by hand

hondamikey
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Ok kool thanks !! I have the router and bit so Ill just use that. How about hard corners? Anything I should do there??

bhsdriller
04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
what do you mean by hard corners?

Edit: you mean the corners inside the port? Gotta round those off before you put the box together

pro-rabbit
04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Are you talking about were a 45 piece would go?

If you want to just cut everything to work with out using much of the roundover you can use 45s at the L part of the port to help with making a clean angle if you want. It makes just about no audible difference though.

The 45 in the back corner and roundover on the port itself depending on the design can make a huge difference.