PDA

View Full Version : textured spraypaint

jtomsic
03-21-2004, 09:07 PM
whats a good textured spray paint, and do i primer the MDF before i paint? if so what kind of primer do i use?

brands and specific types please.. too many to pick from when i goto a store and just look.

thanx.

LoneRanger
03-22-2004, 11:06 AM
whats a good textured spray paint, and do i primer the MDF before i paint? if so what kind of primer do i use?

brands and specific types please.. too many to pick from when i goto a store and just look.

thanx.

what kind of textured paint are you talking about? that rhyno liner stuff doesn't need a primer if that's what you're talking about.

BooLeaN
03-22-2004, 11:13 AM
I found something called stone creations. I didn't primer before using it but I would suggest that you do because the MDF soaked up a lot of it. I found mine at Home Depot for about 10 bucks a can.

jtomsic
03-22-2004, 02:47 PM
almost like a plastic looking finish, preferrably black or dark green.

maylar
03-22-2004, 07:09 PM
There's no paint I know of that'll simulate the texture of vinyl, if that's what your looking for. You hafta make the substrate textured then paint over it.

TPABlazer
03-23-2004, 08:46 PM
sem texture paint?

Omarvelous
03-24-2004, 01:18 AM
Any1 know where i can get that Cracklin spray paint from Plasti-kote? Ran a search, and got a very limited number.

Sorry to steal thread

ramos
03-24-2004, 10:46 AM
Wally world carries the cracklin paint. If you want the look of vinyl the easiest way ( besides using vinyl) is to get some sem texture spray. You can get it in several different colors. With a little practice, it looks exactly like vinyl. However it is a little on the pricey side. :)