PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever buit a false trunk inside the trunk?

Rich65
04-28-2012, 04:54 PM
Thinking about building a subwoofer box for 2 12's facing the rear, but since its an old chevelle i dont want all the chrome on the deck lid rattling. Is it possible to build a wall or something between the trunk and the box if the subs are facing the rear?. I would face the subs forward but its a convertible and im worried it will sound like **** because of lack of cabin pressure. Im probably going to go this route but just wondering what everyone thinks in case its a horrible idea.

Louisiana_CRX
04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Being a convertible you may want to add some transducers under the front seats...Im putting a set of Alpines in my old school mustang vert....they will work good along with the subs...but as far as facing subs forward or back wont make much diffrence as long as the subs have a solid source to load upon...thats pretty much all a trunk does when one rear fires ...but it does give bass wave a little further to travel but nothing time alignment cant cure

Rich65
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah rear facing seems to be the way to go, but my trunk lid and tailight section has chrome everywhere, my concern is the potential for a ton of rattles, thats why I was wondering about the half box between the box and rear part of trunk.

Bettr n' Revrse
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
http://cdn.overclock.net/4/49/496ad0af_yo-dawg-xzibit-48.jpeg

Rich65
04-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Yeah mis-typed built in the title but you get the point.