PDA

View Full Version : What brand & kind of Alarm would you use on a 95-98"Geo Tracker?

Indybassman
03-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I'd be ordering the best hardtop on the market.But,still need a very good alarm;that can work well on a jeep-type vehicale.Can any body give me a few brands,models and places to buy it from?

Slaymon
03-21-2004, 10:20 PM
I just recently got a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5. It's great. You could get the area sensor so if you have your top of and if someone were to reach in it would go off. Many things you could add to this alarm. I'm gettin a window module(rolls windows up and down) here soon. I installed it all myself because I didn't have money to install it. It probly took a full day in time(actually working) but I didn't work on it straight through. You can get it from best buy for around $75 or somethin like that(with basic installation.)

Pete
03-22-2004, 10:49 AM
Since when is the Matrix 2.5 just $75? That is below cost on just the parts.

Is your jeep a manual transmission or an automatic?

I install the Clifford alarms and with a prox sensor I think they work really well. the Matrix series has 2-way communication with the remote (the remote beeps and shows what sensors are going off i.e. shock,open door etc)

The 3.5 is for automatics and adds a remote start to the alarm while the 2.5 has all the features of the 3.5 without the remote start so it can be used on a manual transmission.

Basically I think all DEI alarms work really well with a good installation (viper,python,clifford,etc).

Indybassman
03-22-2004, 10:03 PM
My Tracker is a automatic