PDA

View Full Version : Stand Alone Onboard computer

starrman
04-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Have no idea where to start this project hoping someone on here could assist, please accept my apology for the total noobnesss of my post.
I want to install a computer in my car, laptop/netbook that can run windows 95, I would like to conceal the location..under seat or in trunk, so it would have to start and boot upon ignitionn or have a remote switch. I want a small dash mounted screen to view a diagnostic program loaded on the computer...but I would also like to either be able to switch to a reverse camera view, a gps feed from my android, and possibly a front mounted camera as well. I have seen home security systems that have the four feeds on one screen with the abilty to go to a full screen view...that would be great.
After I type this it sounds like I want the world...but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dumple
04-22-2012, 08:25 PM
windows 95, its 2012 bro....

starrman
04-22-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes sir it is and several months into it...but unfortunately the diagnostic program I want to run seems to do best on xp or 95, I have had some success on windows 7, but it is questionable...and to make it even better...i would love to have a serial port too. lol. I know I can get a toughbook that has this but don't know how to do the remote start or any of the rest.

dumple
04-22-2012, 08:30 PM
mp3 car .com

SuperSaeYoung
04-22-2012, 08:45 PM
You're going to need a 12v power supply.