PDA

View Full Version : aeros from loading wall (hatch)

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 07:01 PM
ok here is what im working with:

1 18"HDC3 D2 WIRED TO 1 OHM
7.1 CUBES, 2 6 INCH AERO'S, TUNE SOMEWERE BETWEEN 49HZ - 53HZ NOTSURE???
PLANET AUDIO BB2400.1

i have a show this weekend so pls help......
i didnt want to create a new thread or anything but i have been reading for the last hour and havnt got anywere. like before i dont have 24hr access to TL like most ppl. so looking for a general idea from someone who has some exp with sub up/port back firing off suv hatch. im tuned pretty high not 100% clear on the tune. what i am looking for is any help or ideas about how much room(from port to hatch) in most cases for suvs is needed at higher tunes. ive read threads from guys leaving little as 2inchs between port/hatch and they were getting loud, so i started looking for the freqs that they were tuned @ but no one seemed to list their freqs.

thanks for any help in advance....

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 07:54 PM
bump

sacsking916
04-19-2012, 08:20 PM
You want about 6-8" away from the loading wall. I've seen people have it closer but that was due to testing and finding that that's what burped the loudest. For music like you have then best bet would be like I said 6-8". What music do you use when you do your runs?

bhsdriller
04-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Moving the box closer to the back wall/hatch can make the lower notes more pronounced....typically the rule is 1/2 the port diameter, so you'd be good with 3" between the box and hatch

you say you have a show, but are you going for spl only or building it for demos

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

and use psp-inc.com to find your tuning

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 08:32 PM
You want about 6-8" away from the loading wall. I've seen people have it closer but that was due to testing and finding that that's what burped the loudest. For music like you have then best bet would be like I said 6-8". What music do you use when you do your runs?

ok i use petey pablo vibrate (53hz)...

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Moving the box closer to the back wall/hatch can make the lower notes more pronounced....typically the rule is 1/2 the port diameter, so you'd be good with 3" between the box and hatch

you say you have a show, but are you going for spl only or building it for demos

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

and use psp-inc.com to find your tuning

its a spl show, but its on music average, no burps. so its constant play per round

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
ttt

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 09:14 PM
bump..... really?

sacsking916
04-19-2012, 09:32 PM
ok i use petey pablo vibrate (53hz)...

Good choice for songs for continuous bass at that frequency. Since you're tund high about 6" would be best. If you can do a couple tests at those length differences then you should find it. Doubt it'll make s huge noticeable difference though bro.

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Good choice for songs for continuous bass at that frequency. Since you're tund high about 6" would be best. If you can do a couple tests at those length differences then you should find it. Doubt it'll make s huge noticeable difference though bro.

ok... i have about 6" right now. i had it about 3" before and it seem like it held produced a lil more pressure then at 6" but yea i guess ill just have to figured a
way that i can test from 8" - 3"

sacsking916
04-19-2012, 09:42 PM
ok... i have about 6" right now. i had it about 3" before and it seem like it held produced a lil more pressure then at 6" but yea i guess ill just have to figured a
way that i can test from 8" - 3"

How often do you get testing time? That'll be your best bet.

bgowdy31
04-19-2012, 10:06 PM
How often do you get testing time? That'll be your best bet.

there is a guy a city over that has a tl but works on the road during the week and i work all the time so next to none unless its a comp

dbeez
04-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Aeros are very forgiving when loading walls are close cause of how the air exits the port on the flare. You should be good anywhere from 1"-3" so you need to test a bit when you get there and see what works best I would try 1" for a couple seconds then 2" for a couple seconds then 3" for a couple seconds to see which yields the best hell hour particular vehicle may want to be farther back testing will let you know which direction you need to move ed and Mindy should lest you test at the show for a couple mins. If you ask they are cool folks like that.