PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Tundra box design help

_Vince
04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
hey, I have a 2011 Tundra double cab and I'm currently running 4 12"s across the floor (backseat is taken out). But it's time for an upgrade, sound and electrical wise

So far, I'm pretty positive that I'm going with 4 Powerbass 3XL 15"; not sure on what amps I need/should go with yet though.

My question is: do I have to build a wall to house all this equipment? I don't see many 2nd gen. Tundras with a full competition setup so I couldn't get many ideas. I want to keep the backglass visible if possible, if not that oh well.

Buck
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Please don't do powerbass subs. You may be able to do that equipment without walling, but barely.

What's your goal with this truck? Daily, low end monster, spl, etc...

dirtyunclerandy
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
How about american bass XFL's?

_Vince
04-17-2012, 10:45 PM
Please don't do powerbass subs. You may be able to do that equipment without walling, but barely.

What's your goal with this truck? Daily, low end monster, spl, etc...'

It's a daily but also SPL at shows. Any reasons to not do 'em? I heard good stuff from people, so I thought they were good

Buck
04-17-2012, 10:48 PM
They just lack in overall quality imo (durability).

How much power do you have?

_Vince
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Voltage: Duralast Platinum in front, Kinetik 2400 in back (planning to swap all for XS or Shuriken, being if I can find 1 to fit under good)
Amp: Unsure, I'm starting from scratch with this build. Tearing everything out, getting rid of it. I was thinking Audioque or Crescendo, but still open for new products

Buck
04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Well more/less what I'm asking for is the power you want to use to determine what woofers I would recommend.

Moble Enclosurs
04-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Have you thought about doing the box in the bed and creating a blowthrough design? You would have less worry of using space in the cabin.

_Vince
04-19-2012, 07:35 AM
Have you thought about doing the box in the bed and creating a blowthrough design? You would have less worry of using space in the cabin.

I considered it but several of my friends have to much trouble with it; it lead to problems after problems so I'm avoiding that being that this truck is a daily and don't need it falling apart.

Moble Enclosurs
04-19-2012, 01:07 PM
I considered it but several of my friends have to much trouble with it; it lead to problems after problems so I'm avoiding that being that this truck is a daily and don't need it falling apart.

I can see why you want to avoid doing it then. Sorry to hear they were having issues with it. Have you thought about using low profile drivers, maybe of a bit smaller size? This can work out well for space constrained environments as it gives more room for the enclosure to do its job rather than just the drivers direct radiation.

_Vince
04-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I can see why you want to avoid doing it then. Sorry to hear they were having issues with it. Have you thought about using low profile drivers, maybe of a bit smaller size? This can work out well for space constrained environments as it gives more room for the enclosure to do its job rather than just the drivers direct radiation.

They got rid of the truck and got something else, lol. A shop that I'm pretty close with wants me to do 15"s as their demo vehicle; at first I wanted to do 4 12" again but with just better equipment and new box design, but they want me to go big. I've been driving around with my rearview mirror angled incorrectly to see how different it would be to drive; it wasn't hard so I'm actually okay with losing the backglass.

They actually told me today that they want me to do 4 15" Powerbass XXXL with either 3 RE5000s or 6 Audiopipe1800. I'm leaning towards the RE amps because it'll take less space but do you guys have any pros/cons on these amps?

Moble Enclosurs
04-20-2012, 01:31 AM
Im not a personal fan of their drivers, but their amps are ok from what I have seen.