View Full Version : Total noob

04-16-2012, 01:05 AM
First box build any advice as far as we're to start I want to build to fit the available space in my trunk car is a 02 Cadillac deville the box I am wanting to build is for a 15 in woofer preferably with a port. 3'4 in mdf will be used also would like speaker to be flush mounted with fiber glass face wich i will spray to match vehicle exterior any tips or advice would be helpful before I start building thanx

04-16-2012, 01:13 AM
If you have never done any designs or building before then I suggest searching the forum and internet to better understand the design process and build process.

Measure your car 5 or 6 times to make sure you have the dimensions right. Also make sure the enclosure will slide in the trunk opening. Build a cardboard version of the box if you have to and slide it in/out to make sure it works.

04-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Measure atleast 4 times before you cut. Even when you think you got it, measure again. Other than that, it's all a learning process. Fiberglass can be tricky if you aren't familiar with it. So I will reiterate what Pro Rabbit said. Read your literature, and try building a cardboard box first. Practice on cheap plywood before doing anything new to your MDF. I wasted alot of money when I started. Good luck man! Post pics!

04-16-2012, 01:28 AM
BTW if you are only looking to do fiberglass because you want to paint it, there is much easier methods then that to work with in order to get a really nice painted surface.

04-16-2012, 01:32 AM
Would one be only using body filler

04-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Would one be only using body filler

Depending on what you are doing yes, that can be done.

04-16-2012, 01:41 AM
multi purpose bondo helps hide a lot of imperfections before painting, just use cheap flat paint close to the color you want to use for the first two three coats then finish with your topcoat.

04-16-2012, 02:27 AM