PDA

View Full Version : Ports into car??

ShizzA1
03-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Ive got a question for you guys.. Im running 2 12in jlw4 in a ported box with the ports facing towards the front of the car in my trunk.. a thought i had was to maybe use some longer PVC pipe and run the ports from the outside of the box to the inside of the car ( ofcourse keeping ports in the box ) would this be worth while or do i have my head in my ***... my thought was maybe it would use the cab of the car as an enclosure also for more spl?? any thoughts on this??

LoneRanger
03-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Ive got a question for you guys.. Im running 2 12in jlw4 in a ported box with the ports facing towards the front of the car in my trunk.. a thought i had was to maybe use some longer PVC pipe and run the ports from the outside of the box to the inside of the car ( ofcourse keeping ports in the box ) would this be worth while or do i have my head in my ***... my thought was maybe it would use the cab of the car as an enclosure also for more spl?? any thoughts on this??

lengthening the pipe will result in a lower tuning frequency, and probably won't give you much gain. try facing the port back into the trunk....9 times out of 10 its louder that way.