PDA

View Full Version : underseat box

hume42069
03-18-2004, 03:02 AM
ok, i have an idea for a box that i got from a dude on soun domain... i have a 97 dodge ram truck, standard cab, so there's not much room for speakers... im putting two tens behind my seat... my question involves a third ten inch sub... i want to mount it under the center seat... this dude had it on sound domain, but there wasnt much detail of how to do it... neone help? i dont have the third sub yet, so just give me ideas of how to do it for now...

amedeuce
03-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Do you have the link the dude?

ramos
03-18-2004, 08:39 AM
Well depending on how much room you have under there. You will need a shallow sub I suspect, that will not hit the seat bottom during the stroke. This sub would also need to work well in small enclosures. THen it's just a matter of building a frame, glassing, and making a baffle. That is unless you want to put the sub into the seat bottom itself, That's a horse of a different color. And a whole lot harder :)

hume42069
03-19-2004, 05:24 PM
yeah, i mean im putting it under the seat...like installing it into the middle portion of the seat with the cushion and fab over it...down firing... my sub is small enough...audiobahn aw1051t probably

BIG_SUPERMAN72
03-19-2004, 10:08 PM
My friend i believe has a 99 Dodge ram but its Extended cab, he has a box thats similar to what your talking about but goes behind middle part of seat on the floor. Its a wierd box to me.

plyhammer
03-24-2004, 12:09 PM
go to ebay, there is a dude on there that makes them for the center for $100. I have the same truck but extended cab and have been toying with the same idea. I think you should be able to take out the center section with only four bolts then fabricate it up from there with wood or the fiberglass. You will need to relocate the wiring harness under that part because the sub will fire into that area. Be careful with it because I think that is the wiring for the airbags. let me know how it goes.