PDA

View Full Version : I need a favor from an American

Sebaslegrand
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Hey!

Well totally aside from my car audio purchases, I'm actually looking into buying (after extensive research) a home theater system from AV-EXPRESS based in ohio. They have free shipping everywhere in the states but it costs me almost the same price shipping it here in Quebec, Canada as the system itself costs, so it like doubles the price, which is crazy stupid. I have a family member who has a PO box close to the border and can send things there and go get them, but they don't deliver to PO boxes.

I need someone that I can trust that could receive the packages, preferably near the canadian border, and I would come down and get them which would save me huge amounts of money. I also want to take a trip down in the states so I'll do both at the same time !

System weighs close to 150 lbs. This is the system I'm getting : SLS Q-Line Gold 650w 5.1 Home Theater System with Two Subwoofers | AV-Express (http://www.av-express.com/AV-Catalog/HomeTheater/SLSQLineHomeTheaterWithTwoSubwoofers)

Anyone?

Thanks.

SourDeez
04-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Im down. Bring me some weed?

DaveVT
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Im 30 minutes from the border in VT. I could help ya out man.

Dirtrider4eva
04-10-2012, 11:21 PM
Hi guy. Your truly asking someone to get. A free home theatre system, and hopefully they'll let you get it, even tho u never met them. That's alot of faith man, in a perfect world only situation.

CHEMMINS
04-10-2012, 11:23 PM
So far there is only one person I trust to be my go between for places like that. Once you get a guy like that, don't let em go...lol. Throw em a bone once and a while to keep em happy. In the end it will be a lot cheaper for you.

Sebaslegrand
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
Well yeah, I'm pretty desperate for a way to save on the stupid 600+$ shipping costs on top of the super surprise UPS is going to give me in brokerage fees which I want to avoid... I'm not sure who I could trust for this, for now I want to know who's close to the border and get an idea. Thanks for your offers guys

Falcons
04-10-2012, 11:25 PM
i live in western, ny. i dont know how close that is to you or if this is the way your planning on coming down, but pm me if you are planning to come down ny way.

Sebaslegrand
04-10-2012, 11:26 PM
I don't have any weed hahaha, but I'd get some beer :)

Sebaslegrand
04-10-2012, 11:27 PM
i live in western, ny. i dont know how close that is to you or if this is the way your planning on coming down, but pm me if you are planning to come down ny way.

I don't know yet if I'd be going the NY route, the closer the better for now, I'd just want a pretty rough estimate of how close somebody could be from the border + the trust I put in this person lol.

DaveVT
04-10-2012, 11:28 PM
Im down. Bring me some weed?

lol and he can pick up a felony while he's at it if they search his ride

resonate
04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I live in northern Iowa. I'd really love to help, but it'd be quite a drive for both of us.

splwj47
04-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Sebaslegrand i know here in manitoba there is a place just across the boarder that you can have ur stuff shipped to and then when it gets there you just got over and pick it up. maybe there is a place like that just over the other side in quebec.

Falcons
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know yet if I'd be going the NY route, the closer the better for now, I'd just want a pretty rough estimate of how close somebody could be from the border + the trust I put in this person lol.
well i live about an hour and fifteen minutes away from niagara falls, ON. (just looked it up on google maps) so if you do plan on coming down this way just hit me up in a pm.

DaveVT
04-10-2012, 11:36 PM
Also just checked, Im 17 minutes from the border and about an hour from montreal....not sure where your located exactly.

duanebro
04-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Hey!

Well totally aside from my car audio purchases, I'm actually looking into buying (after extensive research) a home theater system from AV-EXPRESS based in ohio. They have free shipping everywhere in the states but it costs me almost the same price shipping it here in Quebec, Canada as the system itself costs, so it like doubles the price, which is crazy stupid. I have a family member who has a PO box close to the border and can send things there and go get them, but they don't deliver to PO boxes.

I need someone that I can trust that could receive the packages, preferably near the canadian border, and I would come down and get them which would save me huge amounts of money. I also want to take a trip down in the states so I'll do both at the same time !

System weighs close to 150 lbs. This is the system I'm getting : SLS Q-Line Gold 650w 5.1 Home Theater System with Two Subwoofers | AV-Express (http://www.av-express.com/AV-Catalog/HomeTheater/SLSQLineHomeTheaterWithTwoSubwoofers)

Anyone?

Thanks.

What kind of extensive research did you do? I don't like this system (just based on the info in link you gave) but it could be the best for the price.

Sebaslegrand
04-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Sebaslegrand i know here in manitoba there is a place just across the boarder that you can have ur stuff shipped to and then when it gets there you just got over and pick it up. maybe there is a place like that just over the other side in quebec.

I have never heard of that before! I'll inquire about it and check if it's possible from Quebec! Thanks for the heads up :)

well i live about an hour and fifteen minutes away from niagara falls, ON. (just looked it up on google maps) so if you do plan on coming down this way just hit me up in a pm.

That seems pretty good, I'll remember the offer thanks.

Also just checked, Im 17 minutes from the border and about an hour from montreal....not sure where your located exactly.

You sound like the perfect candidate haha. Any market rep I should know of? Anybody know if you're trustworthy? :P

What kind of extensive research did you do? I don't like this system (just based on the info in link you gave) but it could be the best for the price.

Extensive research : Hours and hours of review reading, comparing, pricing, etc... They have double 4 inch kevlar cones in each component + a ribbon tweeter, whereas any other brand like panasonic, onkyo, etc, have the same price with only a 2 inch single paper cone and no tweeter in all components. Thats the biggest bang for buck ever and apparently the sound is AMAZING. People say it definitely out-owns sets that costs around 2000.

Louisiana_CRX
04-11-2012, 01:35 AM
Hey!

Anyone?

Thanks.

Holler SpiderMonkey he can help

TheUnderFighter
04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
I'd be happy to help, but you're foolishly not planning on coming to California for your trip :\ If you do ever make it out down here, feel free to ship whatever my way and I can hold it for ya!

Sebaslegrand
04-11-2012, 01:40 AM
How far is he from the border?

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

I'd be happy to help, but you're foolishly not planning on coming to California for your trip :\ If you do ever make it out down here, feel free to ship whatever my way and I can hold it for ya!

Very nice of you but I don't think I'll be going that way ;)

DaveVT
04-11-2012, 01:40 AM
You sound like the perfect candidate haha. Any market rep I should know of? Anybody know if you're trustworthy? :P

Check my itrader man and let me know. Also have refs in my sig. If you want my help just pm me. Im on here quite often.