PDA

View Full Version : meca 2x event may 19th columbus ohio (4x weekend)

thegreatestpenn
04-02-2012, 01:47 PM
what: meca 2x event
when: saturday may 19th 10am-4pm
where: Shoppe's of Alum creek 1030 alum creek dr. columbus, OH 43209
who: YOU!

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/flyers/5-19-12OH.jpg
first event of a 4x weekend in columbus OH, get those points

and here's the rulebook for those not used to meca
http://www.mecacaraudio.com/2012rulebook.pdf

bubbagumper6
04-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Question. I have a Hyundai 2 door hatchback and it has a reardeck/beauty panel thing that covers the hatch area but only snaps in and is completely removable. The relevant rules are as follows (for the street division)

13. Rear deck must maintain factory appearance, have no holes and must have some type of upholstery/covering.
14. Modifications to the vehicle’s cargo area are limited to Non-Permanent Modifications. Cutting of metal is prohibited.
15. Any brackets, panels, 3rd row seats, and/or non-structural supports in the cargo area (behind the back seat and lower than
the top of the back seat) that can be unbolted or unscrewed may be removed, provided they can be reinstalled using factory fasteners and do not violate any other rules in section D.

So my question is, am I allowed to remove that piece for competing?

It DOES sit lower than the back seats (by a few inches).

bgowdy31
04-02-2012, 02:48 PM
everything in my blazer is stock. everything in hatch is below back seat. what class would this put me in

kushy_dreams
04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Question. I have a Hyundai 2 door hatchback and it has a reardeck/beauty panel thing that covers the hatch area but only snaps in and is completely removable. The relevant rules are as follows (for the street division)

I would say line 15 answers your question.

everything in my blazer is stock. everything in hatch is below back seat. what class would this put me in

It depends on your cone area and fusing before the amp.

Cone area is figured by the radius of your woofer/s squared times pi

Then you add amount of the fuse by your amp x 10

If you don't have a fuse within ~12in of your amp then it goes by the rms of your amp or one half of the peak or something like that.

thegreatestpenn
04-02-2012, 10:19 PM

If you don't have a fuse within ~12in of your amp then it goes by the rms of your amp or one half of the peak or something like that.

somebody been studying the rulebook ;)

nateberrier
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHH SHIIII you gonna come down from toleder to compete wif da meca boy and girls?

nateberrier
04-02-2012, 10:32 PM

AAAAAAAAAHHHH SHIIII you gonna come down from toleder to compete wif da meca boy and girls?

bubbagumper6
04-03-2012, 12:49 AM

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure when I asked on the MECA forum someone told me I had to leave it in, plus rule 13 kind of confused me as well...was just making sure :)

EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of a completely different post (Asked about dbdrag rules on termpro) I'm not even a member of the MECA forum lol

Moving to Columbus (Dublin) in May :)

Also kind of depends on how small I can get my fusing....right now I'd be in Street 4, would be nice if I could get down to 3 or even 2....

nateberrier
04-03-2012, 01:04 AM
Yeah, but I'm pretty sure when I asked on the MECA forum someone told me I had to leave it in, plus rule 13 kind of confused me as well...was just making sure :)

EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of a completely different post (Asked about dbdrag rules on termpro) I'm not even a member of the MECA forum lol

Moving to Columbus (Dublin) in May :)

Also kind of depends on how small I can get my fusing....right now I'd be in Street 4, would be nice if I could get down to 3 or even 2....

I used to run a 40 amp on a 1500.1 mb quart

bubbagumper6
04-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I used to run a 40 amp on a 1500.1 mb quart

You just get like a short burp before it blows? I'm running an SAZ-2500D and single 18". kushy_dreams thought I may be able to get by with a 70A but I've got a 300A in there now, lulz.

bgowdy31
04-03-2012, 07:32 AM

ok i have 1 18 hdc3 18. i believe i should be able to burp off of a 40a anl... were would that put me

thegreatestpenn
04-03-2012, 08:03 AM
ok i have 1 18 hdc3 18. i believe i should be able to burp off of a 40a anl... were would that put me

As2/s2/m2 depending on box orientation.

Fyi the 2500should be able to be burped off 70a of fusing with no issue

bgowdy31
04-03-2012, 08:14 AM
oh my box is below the top of back seat

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

well my amp is only set for 2200

bubbagumper6
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
As2/s2/m2 depending on box orientation.

Fyi the 2500should be able to be burped off 70a of fusing with no issue

Will I pop the fuse everytime though? The cheapest I can find 70A ANL fuses is like $5 each so that's an expensive burp, haha. Might just have to invest in a different fuse holder for comps...

Do they make any kind of MINI ANL adapter that would fit inside a standard ANL fuse holder?

bgowdy31
04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Will I pop the fuse everytime though? The cheapest I can find 70A ANL fuses is like $5 each so that's an expensive burp, haha. Might just have to invest in a different fuse holder for comps...

Do they make any kind of MINI ANL adapter that would fit inside a standard ANL fuse holder?

ive never heard of a mini anl adapter

nateberrier
04-03-2012, 12:34 PM

You might wanna get a mini ANL fuse block for cheaps. I suggest knu koncepts. Also their fuses arent too bad either. Hell if you run it right you can get a lot of power through a little fuse if you arent clipping and your voltage stays up. :P

Knukonceptz product detail for IN-LINE WATERPROOF MINI-ANL FUSE HOLDER (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=FH-44)

Also I have some 1/0 4gauge adapters if you wanna borrow or buy

bubbagumper6
04-03-2012, 02:42 PM
You might wanna get a mini ANL fuse block for cheaps. I suggest knu koncepts. Also their fuses arent too bad either. Hell if you run it right you can get a lot of power through a little fuse if you arent clipping and your voltage stays up. :P

Knukonceptz product detail for IN-LINE WATERPROOF MINI-ANL FUSE HOLDER (http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=FH-44)

Also I have some 1/0 4gauge adapters if you wanna borrow or buy

Yeah but they definitely don't have 70A mini ANLs, only 60A and 80A, lol.

Might just pick up on of these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/WATERPROOF-MINI-ANL-Fuse-Holder-0-2-4-Gauge-Car-Amplifier-Install-/380421252154?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5892dfa43a#ht_3427wt_905) since it claims to accept 0 gauge.

nateberrier
04-03-2012, 02:49 PM
That works and you might ask around I know there are guys that can get 70 amp mini anl. or do a combo of fuses, 30 and a 40

kushy_dreams
04-03-2012, 04:39 PM
bubbagumper6 The reason I was suggesting a 70a is because it is the most he could run to get into as2/s2. IIRC you can run multiple fuses in line with each other, but I'm not sure if they make 35a fuses or not. Amateur street is a max of 1 fuse though.

thegreatestpenn Yep I did a lot of reading this winter :graduate:

thegreatestpenn
04-03-2012, 05:32 PM
there are 70amini anls, just harder to find. same with 35a fuses. your best bet is either 2 35a or 1 30a and 1 40a mini anl run together for burps/parkandpound. they should hold up. you can always practice by trying your usual high volume on that fusing before the event to see if they hold. if they do great! if they don't then you can just roll in to your high volume until the fuses blow.

yes it gets pricey and you can always go to the next class up if buying fuses is too troublesome. but a little money into fuses to learn the fusegame goes a long way when you are winning.

bubbagumper6
04-03-2012, 11:34 PM
That works and you might ask around I know there are guys that can get 70 amp mini anl. or do a combo of fuses, 30 and a 40

Yeah I found some cheap 70A's on amazon, $2.30 for two. :)

bubbagumper6 The reason I was suggesting a 70a is because it is the most he could run to get into as2/s2. IIRC you can run multiple fuses in line with each other, but I'm not sure if they make 35a fuses or not. Amateur street is a max of 1 fuse though.

Yeah I figured that out after looking at the classifications a bit closer :)

thegreatestpenn
04-04-2012, 09:21 AM
posted the rulebook on the first post for those unfamiliar with the rules

nateberrier
04-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Yeah I found some cheap 70A's on amazon, $2.30 for two. :)

Yeah I figured that out after looking at the classifications a bit closer :)

Gonna need way more than two bro

bubbagumper6
04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Gonna need way more than two bro

Lol, no ****, I just said that because they're sold in packs of two....

nateberrier
04-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Lol, no ****, I just said that because they're sold in packs of two....

I am just making sure youre not set up to fail sweetums.

thegreatestpenn
05-05-2012, 01:55 PM
2 weeks til the 4x weekend

thegreatestpenn
05-11-2012, 12:59 PM
week away from the 4x weekend

thegreatestpenn
05-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Less than 24 hours til showtime