PDA

View Full Version : Can Crescendo mp6 PA midrange speakers be used with dome tweeters like components?

loudestRiviNLa.
03-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I have 8 Cresecendo mp6 PA 6.5 speakers that I will have installed in my car once I have it modified to take them.
I was wondering instead of using the 2 of the 4 xst2 supertweeters I have, will i be able to use 8 dome tweeters with crossovers to run with the mp6's to make them into something like 2 way component speakers?
The idea is to make it more easier to use either 2 or 4 channel amps like the Crescendo c1600.2,Lanzar opti250x4,or opti700x2 which are my options that can properly power them without conflicting with the difference in ohm loads and power ratings between the speakers and tweeters.
I would also like to use the same amp for my mids and highs without having to use a seperate amp to run only my highs but I will do so if i need to.

If I can use 8 dome tweeters and crossovers to each of the speakers making each tweeter/crossover per speaker a 2 way driver, that would be sweet!!!
That way, I can use the 4 xst2's when I begin on another build when I get a second vehicle (suv).
Anyway, I hope you all can understand what i'm asking and help out.

Thanks friends:)

loudestRiviNLa.
03-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Would like to know this please...bump

jaeguerra909
03-02-2012, 12:00 AM
id just get a 2 channel for the mids and a 4 channel for the tweets its what im doing with mine love my 4 mp6 getting 4 more mp8s shits gonna be sick

loudestRiviNLa.
03-02-2012, 01:35 AM
Yeah that sounds cool.
I may just save myself the trouble and just get the c1600.2 amp for the mids and a seperate amp for the highs.
Might as well use the xst2's supertweets since I already have them.

Thanks anyway man.

SMFJ
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah that sounds cool.
I may just save myself the trouble and just get the c1600.2 amp for the mids and a seperate amp for the highs.
Might as well use the xst2's supertweets since I already have them.

Thanks anyway man.

Saw this post late I run my mids and tweets on the same channels using polypropylene capacitors you can get the cheap on eBay but I just ordered some Dayton ones off parts express. Their supposed to be -/+ 1% distortion but I'll see when they get here.
Here a chart to show you crossover points and which capacitor rating will be right for your application.

Car Audio - Speaker Crossover Chart and Capacitance vs. Frequency Calculator(High-pass) (http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=1)

Ones I ordered from parts express for my super tweets.
Dayton PMPC-8.2 8.2uF 250V Precision Audio Capacitor 027-242 (http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=027-242)

Cheap ones I'm currently using off eBay.
** NEW PAIR ** 6.8uF 250V +/-10% Axial Capacitor Bass Blocker Tweeter midrange | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PAIR-6-8uF-250V-10-Axial-Capacitor-Bass-Blocker-Tweeter-midrange-/150786265979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231b8fd37b#ht_815wt_689)

Cheap ones do a great job just want something a little more accurate and crisp at high volumes. Only 1 amp needed though.