PDA

View Full Version : Need some really good 6.5 components!

myjaja
02-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I currently have 6.5" infinity kappa components. Dont get me wrong, they sound amazing and get pretty loud. They seem pretty efficient to me. Its just time to upgrade. I need something that can handle a little more wattage and sound amazing. I want something to actually sound better than the kappas and have the same size tweeter too. The tweeters on the kappas are pretty darn big, so the new component tweeters must be at least 1". Anyone have any recommendations on a good set?

thanks

The_Grimy_One
02-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Not much out there in that price range, unless you go used. But look into the maybe the Boston Acoustic SR60, you could spend an extra 50 and get some HAT Imagines. I got lucky and picked up a pair of Boston Acoustic Pro60 for $150. Used of course. Dont go with the Kappa Perfects. They are very bright and have very little midbass :/

myjaja
02-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Not much out there in that price range, unless you go used. But look into the maybe the Boston Acoustic SR60, you could spend an extra 50 and get some HAT Imagines. I got lucky and picked up a pair of Boston Acoustic Pro60 for $150. Used of course. Dont go with the Kappa Perfects. They are very bright and have very little midbass :/

Well I can spend more if its really worth it, I dont really mind.

The_Grimy_One
02-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Also Alpine Type R components. mylows10 has some good deals on some CDT components.

Slayerx
02-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Besides some considering the kappa tweeters being harsh, its going to be hard to upgrade from the kappas for that price unless you buy used imo.

The_Grimy_One
02-27-2012, 02:10 AM
Well I can spend more if its really worth it, I dont really mind.

I have had 2 sets of HAT, and they are amazing. I just was looking to save some money, and switch to a different brand, but the Imagines are the best bang for your buck.

myjaja
02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Besides some considering the kappa tweeters being harsh, its going to be hard to upgrade from the kappas for that price unless you buy used imo.

eh, forget about the price range. lol... Like I posted above, Ill be willing to spend if its worth it.

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

I have had 2 sets of HAT, and they are amazing. I just was looking to save some money, and switch to a different brand, but the Imagines are the best bang for your buck.

Ill look up the HAT speakers :)

serjr711.
02-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Got some 6.5 in Morel tempo 6 comps with tweeters, 1 woofer perfect, 1 had a 1/16in rip in surround i fixed. No crossovers. Grills included.

zako
02-27-2012, 12:43 PM
HAT Imagine are nice, the only issue with them is that there is not tweeter attenuation control, which can get on the way in some installs. The simplest solution is to use equalizer or try to rotate them off axis. This should be a non-issue in active installs.

A lot of reviewers like Massive Audio CK6 speakers. Some complain that tweeters sound harsh. Perhaps it's the tweeter attenuation control issue again. This bass should be a treat compared to Infinity speakers as these claim xmax well over 8mm. (HAT Imagine have really nice midbass too, and their one way xmax is 6mm)

trumpet
02-27-2012, 04:12 PM
The new Massive Audio CK6X components will be out this year.

There's a new high end super loud 6.5" 2-way set from CDT Audio that's on special now. It's called ES-6MOProGold, and it has an all new midrange driver. True 6.5" mounting(not oversized like most aftermarket high end mids), moderate mounting depth, awesome midbass and silk dome tweeters that will sound great with no EQing. These will get way louder than Infinity Kappas if your install is up to par with a tight door and sound deadening in place.

mylows10
02-27-2012, 04:15 PM

There's a new high end super loud 6.5" 2-way set from CDT Audio that's on special now. It's called ES-6MOProGold, and it has an all new midrange driver. True 6.5" mounting(not oversized like most aftermarket high end mids), moderate mounting depth, awesome midbass and silk dome tweeters that will sound great with no EQing. These will get way louder than Infinity Kappas if your install is up to par with a tight door and sound deadening in place.

^^^ this , i was looking at them on friday.all i can say is bad azz

myjaja
02-28-2012, 12:56 AM

hmmm, I couldnt find anything by that model number. The closest one I found to that was an ES-0642i GOLD which was way out of my budget. It was over $1000. lol

mylows10
02-28-2012, 01:08 AM
ygpm sir.i also have a new set of cdt comps for 275 shipped the hd 61 comp set with upgraded xovers and tweets

kramer_212
02-28-2012, 01:11 AM
ygpm sir.i also have a new set of cdt comps for 275 shipped the hd 61 comp set with upgraded xovers and tweets

:crazy:

TheUnderFighter
02-28-2012, 01:41 AM
I was actually just about to recommend the set mylows has on sale... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/speaker-classifieds/536876-cdt-hd-61-components-set-cl3-ex-coaxials.html

mylows10
02-28-2012, 01:42 AM
thanks man

trumpet
02-28-2012, 03:09 PM
hmmm, I couldnt find anything by that model number. The closest one I found to that was an ES-0642i GOLD which was way out of my budget. It was over $1000. lol

CDT Audio hasn't updated their web store yet, and I'm waiting on that to add the ES-6MOProGold to my web site. The ES-6MOProGold set is the same level of build quality and top sound quality of the other ES Gold 6.5" 2-way sets, yet for the introduction the price is greatly discounted. I ordered 2 sets to have on hand. I'll take my own pictures once they arrive.

Bobfig
02-29-2012, 12:52 AM
HAT Imagine are nice, the only issue with them is that there is not tweeter attenuation control, which can get on the way in some installs. The simplest solution is to use equalizer or try to rotate them off axis. This should be a non-issue in active installs.

A lot of reviewers like Massive Audio CK6 speakers. Some complain that tweeters sound harsh. Perhaps it's the tweeter attenuation control issue again. This bass should be a treat compared to Infinity speakers as these claim xmax well over 8mm. (HAT Imagine have really nice midbass too, and their one way xmax is 6mm)
I have a set of massive audio ck6v and the tweeters were only a little harsh when you arnt giving them enough power. At first install i was only giving them 60wrms and with the tweeters on the -3db setting they were a little over powering the woofers but once i bridged the amp and start puting around 150wrms they started to ballance out. I would recommend them to any one but they need a good amount of power to play.

n2sound
03-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Blues BL6.5CP the only choice out there ...... find a dealer and check them out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there the only set you will ever need or want !!!!!!!!!!! Blues car audio