PDA

View Full Version : Sub Designed for sealed in to Ported enclosure?? (EPM) BOX BUILDERS!

schackel
02-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Looking a custom sub from PSI. The EPM is 44.09...leads me to think sealed is the best option but how would a 30HZ ported sound? keep it small? what do the experts think?

schackel
02-26-2012, 05:26 PM
ttt

schackel
02-26-2012, 09:24 PM
anyone?

Moble Enclosurs
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
That's really something that has to be designed for. I'm sure it can work just fine, just with a smaller chamber volume and a much larger and longer port than normal. Its hard to say by just basing it on a single spec. But likely if it can work in a small sealed, a high compression ported design can suffice.
Really depends on a lot before that can be proven for your specific request.

RSDXzec
02-27-2012, 01:01 AM
It can work, but be prepared to do lots of research and time spent on it. My sub has an EBP of 44.8, I've spent lots of time on here and got lots of opinions, most of them saying sealed was the way to go, and that ported would give too much of a "peaky" response. So far I've worked out that with a 2.5cf box tuned at 24hz I should get the flatter response I was looking for and get a lot more db out of the sub than a sealed would, and I'm only sacrificing a bit more ms delay on the lower frequencies so I'll still get decent sound quality. Have a look at my thread a few threads down from this to get ideas.

schackel
02-27-2012, 01:02 AM
That's really something that has to be designed for. I'm sure it can work just fine, just with a smaller chamber volume and a much larger and longer port than normal. Its hard to say by just basing it on a single spec. But likely if it can work in a small sealed, a high compression ported design can suffice.
Really depends on a lot before that can be proven for your specific request.

i sent you a PM. this is a timely issue and i would love a response. thanks

Anyone else?

RJ Matzke
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
oh yeah ill blow you

schackel
02-27-2012, 03:52 AM
oh yeah ill blow you

nice 20 posts *** boy

RJ Matzke
03-01-2012, 11:09 PM
nice 20 posts *** boy