PDA

View Full Version : ports

cyn
02-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Anyone every try doing a cyclone tube port?
Like the cyclone intakes? suppose to move more air and such? if so did it work better than a standard tube port? And If not anyone interested in making one?

cyn
02-26-2012, 08:37 PM
almost 100 views and not one response?

double 07
02-26-2012, 09:11 PM
You mean use an intake tube intended for an automobile?.........No I haven't tried that but I would guess it would be NO better than pvc....

Moble Enclosurs
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I've experimented with it before for reducing port noise in smaller, compact designs for aerotuning. It can be beneficial, BUT the differences audibly are very small, and the application for it is usually best for small spaces much smaller than most of us need to account for.
Would be a good, but not great, option for small round ported truck boxes if anything.
Or, for high powered spl designs which utilize larger than needed driver surface area in relation to maximum dimensions.
Not really as applicable in the market as you would think.
Not to mention that the effects of low end, low distortion response is already figured by use of aperiodic chamber tuning, that will have similar results.

cyn
02-27-2012, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the information on that... Just figured more airflow / less resistance would = better results

Moble Enclosurs
02-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the information on that... Just figured more airflow / less resistance would = better results

yw. And it can....not saying results will not be seen, but possibly not heard in some cases. Just remember, if you want to investigate the possibilities of utilizing it, the best results will be in smaller, high compression enclosures. It may be worth more calculations and testing for those with truck boxes again. You want me to test some of them out more? Any requests?