PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

kelectronicsmo
02-25-2012, 08:52 AM
Hello ALL from Camden Point , Missouri ! I have been watching the forums for a couple of months now just trying to catch up on all the new equipment . I have been around and installing car audio and home audio for over 20 years just for the fun of it . I have not done a whole lot of custom work such as fiberglass pods or totally redoing an interior but I am electronically and mechanically inclined. Due to recent lack of customer respect and electronic knowledge (how to properly adjust amps)from some local shops here in the midwest i have decided to start my own car audio, home audio/video business .My goal is to make sure the customer gets every dimes worth of their money no matter how big or how small the system is . I am a poor poor boy and dont think its right that my hard earned $400 dosn't get the attention that the guy with the $30,000 wad in his pocket gets .There is no reason the same quality of an install cant be done , it just may be a whole lot less of . That being said , I did not join the forum to advertize at all, I am hear only to gain knowledge and hopefully contribute a little . Sometimes the end user can tell you more about the equipment or how to install than engineers can ! I work on elevators for a living (the ones that move people not grain) and am a proud member of the International Union of Elevator Constructors local #12 in the Kansas City Mo. area. My 40hr per week job is for Otis elevator and my passion is quality audio. Now every one knows as much about me as I do ! Thank You for the good info and keep up the good work!

Bettr n' Revrse
02-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the site... What are your plans for this shop? I really hope your going to be carrying good brands? :crap:

kelectronicsmo
02-25-2012, 09:11 AM
In fear of being bashed , I have been installing a lot of Power Bass and for the money i believe i am getting decent performance . That being said i also carry RF.Kicker,Polk,PPI,Power Acoustik, Pioneer ,JVC, Kenwood,MA,MTX,and many others that i may or may not want to admit !lol. I am also looking into carrying Sundown.
Some of the Big Big names require a brick and morter store front and a large first order and i am not looking to do all that. I dont want the overhead and my goal is to beet the pants off Best Buy prices !!lol I couldnt do that with all the overhead of a commercial shop.

05fronty
02-25-2012, 09:28 AM
anyone can beat best buys prices lol and welcome

destined2race
02-25-2012, 10:44 AM
welcome, and gl with your endeavor.

jirehn
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Hi, Welcome most in this great community. Hope you can have a great time staying here.