PDA

View Full Version : buyers beware

knightsdaze
02-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Item(s) for Sale:

Just a heads up people. i just got smoked for $520 on ebay from a seller named BUMPINPLEX.. I should really attach his last e-mail to this thread.. STRAIGHT UP SCUMBAG., he sells amps on ebay, and if he gets your money you can't say you weren't warned. I figured I'd post this in the amp classifieds so people looking to buy one know about this douche.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

mylows10
02-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Item(s) for Sale:

Just a heads up people. i just got smoked for $520 on ebay from a seller named BUMPINPLEX.. I should really attach his last e-mail to this thread.. STRAIGHT UP SCUMBAG., he sells amps on ebay, and if he gets your money you can't say you weren't warned. I figured I'd post this in the amp classifieds so people looking to buy one know about this douche.

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Price:

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

Item Pictures:
(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).
this is why i dont do ebay anymore

ek9cv5
02-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Did he have high feedback? Did you file a paypal dispute/claim? Try to use escrow services on purchases 500 or greater. I bought 5,000 dollar wheels and the transaction went smooth.

TurboRedneck
02-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I thought paypal had ya covered. I've had good luck so far. There are some bad apples out there though.

arctictwist
02-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Paypal DOES NOT have you covered. If they cant recover funds you dont get money back. This is why i use a credit card on my paypal. You get screwed? File a claim with the CC company.

kramer_212
02-23-2012, 07:17 PM
thats why you pay with paypal.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Paypal DOES NOT have you covered. If they cant recover funds you dont get money back. This is why i use a credit card on my paypal. You get screwed? File a claim with the CC company.

this to.

Flex68
02-23-2012, 08:17 PM
iirc the max coverage under PayPal terms is only like $200 , anyway...

aimology
02-23-2012, 08:26 PM
paypal doesnt have your back? I got my money back from paypal. I had bought spent $650 on a radio and he took 2 weeks to respond, so I put in a complaint. They took it back out of his account and put it in mine. After they proved he sent no tracking number and showed no proof he sent it.

brodeisel
02-23-2012, 08:39 PM
item(s) for sale:

just a heads up people. I just got smoked for $520 on ebay from a seller named bumpinplex.. I should really attach his last e-mail to this thread.. Straight up scumbag., he sells amps on ebay, and if he gets your money you can't say you weren't warned. I figured i'd post this in the amp classifieds so people looking to buy one know about this douche.

item(s) description/condition:

price:

wrong section
shipping and miscellaneous item information:

item pictures:
(list pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (these must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

wrong section.........

knightsdaze
02-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Im still waiting on ebay resolution, and I paid with paypal. Im hoping they see right through his scam. The reason I posted it was bcuz this guy still has stuff for sale on ebay.. apparently i shouldve posted this someplace else, and i think i upset the librarian.

Flex68
02-23-2012, 10:08 PM
i think i upset the librarian.

lolz

DARKHART
02-23-2012, 10:19 PM
They took it back out of his account and put it in mine.

That only happens if the scamming party hasn't taken the money out of their paypal account!!! Once they transfer it out or withdraw it from paypal that's that...you'd have to wait until they put some money back into their paypal account and if they've scammed someone then the chances of that happening is slim to none....

MisterDeadeye
02-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Why would someone come to the classifieds on this website to buy something from eBay? The Amplifier forum would have been a much better place to post this.

Regardless, thanks for the warning.

hispls
02-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Link to anything relevent?

aimology
02-24-2012, 12:38 AM
That only happens if the scamming party hasn't taken the money out of their paypal account!!! Once they transfer it out or withdraw it from paypal that's that...you'd have to wait until they put some money back into their paypal account and if they've scammed someone then the chances of that happening is slim to none....

Wrong, but nice try.

They actually withdrew it straight from his bank account which was linked to guess what? his paypal account. He had no funds in his paypal account because he tried to close it.

d77543020
02-24-2012, 02:11 AM
That only happens if the scamming party hasn't taken the money out of their paypal account!!! Once they transfer it out or withdraw it from paypal that's that...you'd have to wait until they put some money back into their paypal account and if they've scammed someone then the chances of that happening is slim to none....Not true If this is a eBay transaction PayPal now holds your money in PayPal till the item has been shipped and you can't take the money out until 3days after that! so if somebody flats out doesn't ship a item you file a dispute with PayPal the seller gets one week to respond if he doesn't you get the money back,I just sold a deck on eBay it was del yesterday but I can't pull the money out till Saturday

arctictwist
02-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Maybe its different now, but the last time i had an issue with a paypal sale, when i filed the claim, paypal went back and forth for a while before stating that paypal ruled in my favor but unfortunately my funds were "uncollectable". Nothing was every shipped to me and there were no shipping numbers ever entered to prove otherwise.

d77543020
02-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Maybe its different now, but the last time i had an issue with a paypal sale, when i filed the claim, paypal went back and forth for a while before stating that paypal ruled in my favor but unfortunately my funds were "uncollectable". Nothing was every shipped to me and there were no shipping numbers ever entered to prove otherwise.
Yea it's fairly new and has a lot of sellers upset cause it gives a buyer three days to "test" and or break a item before you get your money and it ***** bad for sellers that's why I stopped selling big ticket items on eBay just small stuff for now on

arctictwist
02-24-2012, 02:41 AM
well that certainly ***** for a genuine seller. good to know!

WhiteLX
02-24-2012, 03:24 AM
interesting, I could not find a user on ebay with the name BUMPINPLEX

DARKHART
02-24-2012, 12:01 PM
Wrong, but nice try.

They actually withdrew it straight from his bank account which was linked to guess what? his paypal account. He had no funds in his paypal account because he tried to close it.
Then they've changed their policy cause that's the exact way I got screwed on a transaction....they said that there was nothing they could do because he didn't have any money in his paypal account...

Not true If this is a eBay transaction PayPal now holds your money in PayPal till the item has been shipped and you can't take the money out until 3days after that! so if somebody flats out doesn't ship a item you file a dispute with PayPal the seller gets one week to respond if he doesn't you get the money back,I just sold a deck on eBay it was del yesterday but I can't pull the money out till Saturday

See above statement.....if this is the way they are now doing things then it is def an improvement in their business practices.....

Kangaroux
02-24-2012, 12:04 PM
When I got a claim filed against me I had 0 funds in my paypal but they took it out anyway. Just kicks your account into a negative balance and you can't purchase anything until you add funds to bring the balance above 0.

TheUnderFighter
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Wrong section. Why would you post a warning in the classifieds? how does that make sense? Why wouldn't you post it in the Buyer Feedback Forum?

knightsdaze
02-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Alright.. I already said I had posted it in the wrong section so you and the other librarian should settle down. People do purchase items from the classifieds, CORRECT?Is it unreasonable to think they may not shop exclusively in these classifieds, and might look at a site like ebay as well since this forum has them listed in the top 10 sellers!? It made sense to me at the time. So sorry if this upset youre delicate sensibilities.
Wrong section. Why would you post a warning in the classifieds? how does that make sense? Why wouldn't you post it in the Buyer Feedback Forum?

knightsdaze
02-24-2012, 08:57 PM
I don't know, I just got home from work and still havent heard back from ebay resolution.it was on there last night though. Maybe he took it down.. He's from So Cal too..his name is trey deats.. i REALLY wish he didn't live on the other side of the country.

knightsdaze
02-24-2012, 09:29 PM
My bad.. Its bumpinlex.

aimology
02-25-2012, 12:57 AM
Yea it's fairly new and has a lot of sellers upset cause it gives a buyer three days to "test" and or break a item before you get your money and it ***** bad for sellers that's why I stopped selling big ticket items on eBay just small stuff for now on

It's not new. I did this over 4 years ago. LOL
I have a business account, its how the people involved verbally go after paypal / ebay. You keep all email communications in your mail ( also of seller ) and then forward everything ( even the case ) back and forth to ebay / paypal. You call every single day, twice a day till you get your money. Its not complicated, people are just push overs.

Also, you could go to the bank and claim a "wrongful" withdraw. You might have a fee ( in my case I did not ) but hey, losing $30 is nothing compared to the hundreds or thousands you lost.

Helps knowing a bank employee ( my case manager ) ...

Your money is ALWAYS traceable via paypal. Especially if the guy who stiffed you has "reputation". Unless you wait months to go after him.

aimology
02-25-2012, 12:58 AM

Who cares idiot, at least he had the courtesy to tell us. Did this in any way or form ruin your day or thread? No, so shut up

knightsdaze
02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Exactly... how the hell did this harm him? some people just NEED to whine.. he probably pees sittin down too.
Who cares idiot, at least he had the courtesy to tell us. Did this in any way or form ruin your day or thread? No, so shut up