PDA

View Full Version : Help/ideas for amp rack design in a Jeep.

infowarrior45
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
I need some ideas for mounting my amps in a '98 Jeep Cherokee. I have a Reference 650.6 and a Kicker ZX1500.1. The Reference 650.6 is almost 3 feet long, so you can't just put it anywhere. I have a sub up, port back box, so mounting on the top or back of the box isn't possible with the Reference 650.6.

My idea right now is to make a recessed amp rack and lean it against the front (I call it back) of my sub box, facing the front of the car. I would keep my seat down most of the time so I could see the amps, but would have the option to put it up for carrying passengers.

This is sort of the idea. I'd appreciate any suggestions or alternatives.

http://i43.tinypic.com/snnj0o.jpg

Mr.meyhem
02-21-2012, 11:03 PM
i like the idea. make sure they have enough space to breath.

Moble Enclosurs
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
If you have the depth, you can enclose them as well, with proper ventellation, or use a fan cooling system hooked up to the electrical. For instance, put walls around the rack base and either top it with a plexi look or keep the top open. Would look cleaner than putting amps on a board alone. :D

infowarrior45
02-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, I am definitely going to enclose them. I was planning on basically having them flush mounted in sort of a box. Then I was planning on lining the edges around the amps with blue LED's and throwing a fan in there as well.

I need some help with the enclosure design. I obviously need access to the inside of the rack for mounting the amps and wiring them, so I was thinking of having the front face hinged at the bottom?