PDA

View Full Version : 6x9's enclosure

dmoney68m8
02-21-2012, 07:32 PM
anybody have any suggestion on how much volume to use if i was to build a sealed enclosure for an infinity kappa 692.9i 6x9 speaker?
couldn't really find anything on the topic probably because idt people usually build a box for a 6x9 but i think it would improve the sound in my system if i did so

dmoney68m8
02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
also generally speaking would it be the more volume the better? or would too much be bad as well?

Moble Enclosurs
02-22-2012, 12:25 AM
What is your purpose of the 6x9s? Substage, vocals, etc? That will help determine what style you will need in a design. Is it for center stage, trunk use, etc? As far as volume is considered, yes you can have a "too big" of a box, and having it too small may cause undesirable output as well. So, knowing a recommended volume is a start, with also knowing the purpose.
Shoot me a pm, and ill get the specs for you and give you an idea of what your options are.

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

What is your purpose of the 6x9s? Substage, vocals, etc? That will help determine what style you will need in a design. Is it for center stage, trunk use, etc? As far as volume is considered, yes you can have a "too big" of a box, and having it too small may cause undesirable output as well. So, knowing a recommended volume is a start, with also knowing the purpose.
Shoot me a pm, and ill get the specs for you and give you an idea of what your options are.