PDA

View Full Version : Help Setting up some component speakers...

Fresh101
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Hello Everyone, I have a component set of JL Audio C5-650 and was wondering if I should be setting it up tweeter be connected to a separate speaker line connected to 1 channel on the amp and the 6.5" speaker to a different speaker line to be connected to a different channel or both goes on 1 same line and the tweeter crossover will do the work avoiding to use the amp crossover? I have a 4 channel amp (hd600/4 JL Audio). Thanks in advance

audiobaun
02-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Use the cross over for the components, as they may have different settings for the mid, and the tweet that you will not have wiring direct.That cross over will also help keep those low frequencies away from those speakers, and x them over at a safe Hz/Khz

Fresh101
02-19-2012, 09:37 AM
thanks buddy

keep_hope_alive
02-19-2012, 10:30 AM
You can bridge the amp for more power or use the other channels to power dedicated midbass woofers.

Fresh101
02-19-2012, 01:16 PM
You can bridge the amp for more power or use the other channels to power dedicated midbass woofers.

Hello Keep Hope Alive, I got all channel in use with component speakers, in other words 2 pairs, one is 6x9 component and the other 6.5" component. I asked because I have another amp HD600/4 that I am not using and was wondering if it was better to separate.

audiobaun
02-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Running @2ohms will generate more power and run a little warmer, but is stable ,and by doing so ,will eleminate installing another amplifier /and voltage draw and save space.Using another amplifier, will be a safe bet for being @ a4ohm load, and run cooler,and take up space, and generate more draw on voltage from the electrical system that running 2ohms stereo in which will only draw maybe another 5-10 amps verses another 30-?60? depending on the amplifier.Id run 2ohms Stereo,majority of amplifiers are rated to be stable @2ohms, and will generate more power as well.Just my opinion.

Fresh101
02-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Running @2ohms will generate more power and run a little warmer, but is stable ,and by doing so ,will eleminate installing another amplifier /and voltage draw and save space.Using another amplifier, will be a safe bet for being @ a4ohm load, and run cooler,and take up space, and generate more draw on voltage from the electrical system that running 2ohms stereo in which will only draw maybe another 5-10 amps verses another 30-?60? depending on the amplifier.Id run 2ohms Stereo,majority of amplifiers are rated to be stable @2ohms, and will generate more power as well.Just my opinion.

I didn't really installed this component, I bought them new but gave it to someone to install. I am going to be reduing my system again, and remaking my sub box this coming up weekend and wanted to know the best way to install them if I need to redue it or better yet how can I make them 2ohms to get them louder without the need of another amp, so I can just go ahead and switch them to 2ohms all at once upgrading my system?