PDA

View Full Version : Help laying out HT setup

GrandPrixAlpine
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
I left the car audio world got board. Recently got a Harman/Kardon HK 3475 Reciver. Ive been playing around with it a little with some of my old car stuff. Im kinda on a budget. i pretty much just want to buy a amp for my subs or sub. its going in my garage so it doesnt have to be perfect.

Ive got
HK 3475
Cerwin Vegga 6X8
Alpine type R 6.5s
and a pair of Eclipse 8100 series 10"

what type and brand of amp should i run? i dont need to fully power the subs. from what i can tell i will only need 1 how much RMS is normal for house applications? i deffinatly dont need 750rms like i was pushing in my car

Gregulate
02-17-2012, 03:16 PM
If you're on a budget, you can get away with buying used. I would look at Pioneer, Onkyo, Denon. Accessories4less.com sells refurb units pretty cheap. I have an 80wpc Denon that powers some B&Ws and it works great, so you don't have to worry too much about underpowering. 80s a good starting point.

skitzafit
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
Subwoofer Amplifiers, Plate Amplifiers, Home Audio/Video Subwoofer Amplifiers, Powered Subwoofer Amplifiers Perfect for Building Your Own Powered Subwoofer. (http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=505)

keep_hope_alive
02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
yes, a plate amp is what you need. get one from MCMelectronics or Parts Express, up to 1000w