PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pontiac G6 (Stage : Research and Design)

Mechorganic
02-17-2012, 02:13 PM
I made this post on DIYMA but figured it wouldn't hurt to get more data.

I'm aiming more for SQ->SQL rather than SPL

Currently I have a 2006 Pontiac G6 with a monsoon system without onstar. The only thing that isnt stock right now are the front and rear speakers, they have been replaced with Pioneer TS-A1674R 6.5" and Pioneer TS-A1674R 6"x9". (Right now SQ is hurting because the rear speakers do not connect the same way as stock, not sure how to correctly describe this)

I've been doing a ton of research but still haven't been able to solidify a choice as far as what would give me the most improvement in audio according to my budget.

Mechorganic
02-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Beside sound, there are some features that I am looking for in a new headunit and those would be:
Very quick and smooth response to touch commands
Double-din
reverse-camera input
bluetooth built in
hd radio built in
The two head units I have been looking at are JVC KW-NT50HDT and the Pioneer AVH-P3400BH. (Leaning towards the Pioneer)

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

From everything Ive read, without upgrading my cars electrical (I will still do the Big 3) I can only go up to 1500w RMS so I was thinking about getting the AQ1200D Amplifier to power either the Fi Q10 or the Fi BL10 again, advice about maximizing value for my money would be appreciated. (Another user on DIYMA suggested the SSA Icon 10")

Will consider replacing speakers too if I enough people suggest I should.

(Sorry for Breaking this posts up, but for some reason kept getting denied as one post.)

Mechorganic
02-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Maybe this isn't the proper sub-forum to post this in? If not which one would be?

dovingo
02-20-2012, 09:30 PM
This section is for build logs. Your post fits better in the general section.