PDA

View Full Version : air space or tuned to a certain hrtz??

inferno1985
02-14-2012, 07:40 AM
Well I'm having a caraudioshop make a box for me for 2 AB xfls . He wants to make it for the required air space for the subs.. I heard o should have a shop that has the computer program and have it made tuned to a certain frequency ... so which one should I do???

mazdakid
02-14-2012, 08:21 AM
They should be able to make it whatever size and tuning you want at the same time, as long as it will fit in your car.
Ask them what size the port is and what its tuned to.

inferno1985
02-14-2012, 08:38 AM
I hope he knows what he's talking about he said he's thenone that figurednout the air space for those subs years ago for Bob from American bass. He said the box is going to be pretty big

DoesDad
02-14-2012, 08:48 AM
I hope he knows what he's talking about he said he's thenone that figurednout the air space for those subs years ago for Bob from American bass. He said the box is going to be pretty big

Just ask him some simple questions. How many cu. ft. is it? What's it tuned to? Etc.... If he can't give you a decent answer then get out of there quick! Btw how much is he charging you? Argent Audio has a nice dual 12 box for sale it's 4 cubes tuned to 32 Hz. for 175+shipping. Probably work pretty sweet for the AB's. Here's the link:
http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-car-audio-classifieds/534982-fs-dual-12-enclosure-4-0-%40-32-hz.html

inferno1985
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Charging 250 lmao. Can't give a certain cut ft spec or anything he said he's the one who found out the required air space for that SIB few years ago for AB ... don't know if he understandable what j mean by making it tuned to a certain htz.. so I think I'm gonna go somewhere else