PDA

View Full Version : SA-10 in underseat box questions

arctictwist
02-13-2012, 07:08 PM
My new plan, as my center console idea isnt going to work, is to build a box for under the rear seat of my 08 CC silverado. Im only doing one 10 but want storage space on the other side so I am making a full box and only using the required space for the one sub and the rest for storage, it will look like a full box for two subs. I havent put my seats back in yet so im not sure what kind of space i have, but am willing to raise it up an inch or two at the most. I plan on doing a flush mount, 1 cu ft per sundowns recommendation, and tuned to 35 hz. I figured on a 3 inch port, or 4 inch. 4 inch would be much shorter. My two main questions are port direction and how much space i need between the woofer and the floor. Thank you.

Buck
02-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Side firing, and 2+ inches.

oxsign
02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
I built one for the same truck (2010) for a buddy using the same sub. We got the best results with the sud firing up and the port to the pass side (4" areo). The box pretty much used up the "60" portion (60/40 split) under the seat. He is using the factory radio with an LOC and an older alpine amp (1k). Sounds really good and he's happy with it.