PDA

View Full Version : anybody in ohio

robertspangler
02-11-2012, 04:00 PM
I am looking for sombody to build a box for me that knows how to design them. I had a box built for my 12 inch xl and i am not happy with it. i mean it gets loud but everyone who has sat in the car said it shoudl be louder. if your in ohio and want to help let me know.

dbeez
02-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I will be coming to Ohio in 2 weeks or can ship one for a decent price send me a text if interested 502-649-6005

brooklynjoy2008
02-11-2012, 04:08 PM
If u get a design I may be able to have it built for u.

kushy_dreams
02-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Car Stereo One here in Toledo has a really good box builder, his name is Dave iirc. He is very knowledgeable about audio, has a degree in electrical engineering with a focus on low frequency reproduction, plays bass in a band and has been around car audio since the 80s. I would try and get in touch with him. I talked to him 2 years ago about building a box for me then decided to learn how to do it on my own to save some money.

Rayo
02-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Car Stereo One here in Toledo has a really good box builder, his name is Dave iirc. He is very knowledgeable about audio, has a degree in electrical engineering with a focus on low frequency reproduction, plays bass in a band and has been around car audio since the 80s. I would try and get in touch with him. I talked to him 2 years ago about building a box for me then decided to learn how to do it on my own to save some money.

I wondered who that was that built boxes for them...It's been about 5-6 years ago..But he built a custom ported box for a pair of 12's of mine..Very Nice work!..Absolutely Slams!..

Just let the guys at CarStereoOne know the dimension you want the box..They will need the T/S parameters of your sub as well..Then they send all that info over to Dave and he builds it..

It's up to you if you want to drop $200 on a box though.. :thumbupw:

kushy_dreams
02-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Rayo He told me he wanted to have the woofers to build the box so he could pull tsp's right there and base his calculations on that. He said tsp's from big companies arent very accurate because it is often an average of measurements taken from the production line. Seems plausible when you think about it.