PDA

View Full Version : 12 JL W7 Ported box

Tekneek
02-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok so I just bought a 12" JL W7 single 3ohm for the best price in the world.. Anyways I talked to a guy that said he had a box for it.. Do you guys thing this box will be the right specs for the JL W7 an for the price its $180 he says it's a competition box.. BTW he owns a car audio store so i'm pretty sure he is not trying to jip me this is what he says how the box is built

"yup, its a competition box,its brand new . tuned low, ports rolled, approximately 2 cubic ft. with 1.5 inch mounting face"

Thats what he told me!

kramer_212
02-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Ok so I just bought a 12" JL W7 single 3ohm for the best price in the world.. Anyways I talked to a guy that said he had a box for it.. Do you guys thing this box will be the right specs for the JL W7 an for the price its $180 he says it's a competition box.. BTW he owns a car audio store so i'm pretty sure he is not trying to jip me this is what he says how the box is built

"yup, its a competition box,its brand new . tuned low, ports rolled, approximately 2 cubic ft. with 1.5 inch mounting face"

Thats what he told me!
dosnt really help, but is proballery oook

jeremyg1
02-10-2012, 09:50 PM
We need a few more specs on the box to be able to advise one way or the other.

overall dimensions
port surface area
port length
etc etc

The_Grimy_One
02-10-2012, 09:57 PM
You could get one built to spec and shipped to you for less than that...

jeremyg1
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM
You could get one built to spec and shipped to you for less than that...

I agree. While the shipping costs may push it close to that price depending where it's being shipped from (rough guess would be around 60 bucks from here in Iowa to you) you would get an enclosure that fits your vehicle, rather then throwing a random enclose in there.

Tekneek
02-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the quick repies guys.. I'm just go an take a look at it in the AM and see what it look's like.