PDA

View Full Version : 6x9's in 96 cougar

Foote11
02-07-2012, 03:42 PM
im looking to re upgrade my 6x9s right now i have some kicker ds6x9s and db something 6x9 in the back i was told their good speakers but on my alpine head unit they cant be turned up past 21 out of 35 without severe distortion any suggestions on good 6x9's i dont plan on running and amp to them atleast for now. i also read somewhere that speakers will distort if they dont haave enough power.. could this be the problem??

mylows10
02-07-2012, 03:45 PM
the speakers are distorting because they are only getting 18 watts rms each ,you need to amp them if you want them to get louder.also if you want better speakers look at the cdt 6x9's

Foote11
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM
the speakers are distorting because they are only getting 18 watts rms each ,you need to amp them if you want them to get louder.also if you want better speakers look at the cdt 6x9's

**** :/ alright do i have to run all new line in rca and power cords for a new amp?? how do i go about getting a second one hooked up? and how do i run the speaker cable to the fron door?

mylows10
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM
you can use a distro block to split the wire for 2 amps,and yes you'll need more rca's for the 2nd amp then you can just run the speaker wires from wires behind the deck to the amp.this is the easiest way.i have a distro block and extra wire if you wanna buy some to do this

Foote11
02-07-2012, 05:54 PM
you can use a distro block to split the wire for 2 amps,and yes you'll need more rca's for the 2nd amp then you can just run the speaker wires from wires behind the deck to the amp.this is the easiest way.i have a distro block and extra wire if you wanna buy some to do this

i would totally hit you up on that offer but i dont have a paypal :/ sorry man i can just go to my local audio shop though they should have all the **** i need