PDA

View Full Version : component for fronts debate

shiftkenny
02-04-2012, 11:25 AM
I've been reading and lurking for about a month now and I'm trying too see what people think. Im stuck between getting Polk mm6501 or imagedynamicsctx65cs or ck6v. My budget isabout.180. Ill be running RF 300 amp. Thisis going to be a front stageforanAcura rsx without running anything in the back. If u guys have other options broadest the two I mentioned please let me know. Ill be glad to see what the unanimous decision will be. I wont be running any such subs too. Thanks in advance DIY community.

disturbed471985
02-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Id's

Why So Cereal?
02-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I dont think u can go wrong either way. I was looking at those 2 comp sets a while back and from reviews I read it was more personal preference that could only be determined by hearing them both. I did read that the Polks get louder than the ID's but lack a little of the detail of the ID's.

For about $180, you could also look into:

Boston Acoustics SR60 Component Systems at Onlinecarstereo.com (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_22002_Boston_Acoustics_SR60.aspx?utm_source=goog le_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison)

or if you want to save a little:

a used set of Eclipse SC6500's (whitedragon551 has a couple sets iirc)

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-C2-650-Component-System-2-way/dp/B0036D1DQI

Amazon.com: Boston Acoustics SC60 6.5" Car Audio Component Speakers: Car Electronics (http://www.amazon.com/Boston-Acoustics-SC60-Component-Speakers/dp/B002KLE774)

Massive Audio*::*Speakers*::*CK 6 Stage V Component Speaker (http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=16175&cat=254&page=1) (over on DIYMA.com, user by the name of DAT has sets for ~140 to 150 shipped new)

JBL P660c Component Systems at Onlinecarstereo.com (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_19922_JBL_P660c.aspx?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison)

those are some off the top of my head...

shiftkenny
02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Hmmm thanks for the reply. I don't mine forking $ for quality u know! I want a decent mid to low bass so far the Ids r winning hehr

keep_hope_alive
02-04-2012, 02:38 PM
decent mid- low bass out of door speakers requires some installation effort. see the "more midbass" thread in this section.

have you researched available mounting depth for your car? that will be a determining factor. make sure you can fit speakers before you buy them. building a baffle to add depth and have a secure mount for the speaker is usually required. foam weatherstripping front/rear for seals is crucial. good speakers are installation dependent.

all three listed are decent, and all three sound completely different.

TheUnderFighter
02-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Yea, without running any sub-bass, you're going to really need to focus on the install and make every effort possible to get that solid mid-bass out of em. I noticed you said you're not running anything in the rear or for a sub... you might wanna think about getting from 6.5" mid-bass to run in the rear to help a little.

shiftkenny
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Sounds good. So the two speakers I picked r pretty good? I want the best bang for the Buck I guess. Thanks so much for all your Guy's help

Why So Cereal?
02-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Hmmm thanks for the reply. I don't mine forking $ for quality u know! I want a decent mid to low bass so far the Ids r winning hehr

Like Keep Hope alive stated. Midbass takes work but really of all the sets listed, from reviews I've read. The Massive CK6 has the strongest midbass of the bunch. From alot of the reviews I've read the midbass punch on them is hard to beat and they'll take a ton of power. I love Boston Acoustics, but, they are probably not for you if you want to run subless (they are very install picky). The JL C2s have a nice amount of midbass to them. But, the Massives will probably be most authoritative given adequate power and correct install. They would be my first choice in that price range. I was about 2 seconds from buying a set the other night but at the last minute I decided to go active with raw drivers.

shiftkenny
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
now i don't think the massives will fit the rsx door panel so i might be screwed in that department.. i wish i had a place to hear a lot of speakers and find something i like.. maybe ill check out fry's tomorrow... the ID sounds like its a winner ill give it a couple more days to see what people think..

keep_hope_alive
02-06-2012, 08:12 AM
ID is fine. doubt Fry's will give you many of the brands you listed. try a car audio shop.

Bobfig
02-07-2012, 03:50 AM
now i don't think the massives will fit the rsx door panel so i might be screwed in that department.. i wish i had a place to hear a lot of speakers and find something i like.. maybe ill check out fry's tomorrow... the ID sounds like its a winner ill give it a couple more days to see what people think..

if the massives won't fit in your doors then the image dynamics wont ether as they are deeper. with that said i have the massive ck6v's and like them.