PDA

View Full Version : 2008 silverado ext cab subwoofer box??? Ported?

memphis_vette
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for box ideas for my truck, I want to go under the rear seats but I also want to go ported. I have only found one that is ported. Any others anyone know of or maybe a center console box?

Here's the link to the box
High Output with Labyrinth Slot Vent Port Design Dual 10" Subwoofer Box - Speaker Boxes USA (http://www.speakerboxesusa.com/specialty-gmc-chevrolet-q68/)

Moble Enclosurs
02-03-2012, 12:00 AM
I have done a few center console boxes for trucks. They are definitely a plausible option. I can give you some ideas of what to do as guidelines to one or even design and/or build them as well. Just let me know.

memphis_vette
02-03-2012, 12:29 AM
that would be great i need as many ideas as i can get, i want my truck to get decently loud but i know its hard when under the seats. i would like to go ported because i have 2 DD 510's laying around that i want to use. what can i use for a center console box?

Moble Enclosurs
02-03-2012, 01:06 AM
I sent you a pm about what we can do to get you going. But, to answer your question here, i would like to try to utilize a downfire design because you mentioned in the pm that you want to keep it somewhat stealth. Also, if done correctly and the sub allows for it, I can use the downfire to aid in the response output in the low end. :D just get back to me when you can with the requested info in the pm and I can get you started.
There are o0ther possibilities for design ideas also, as long as the dimensions allow me to test them.

mopower440
02-03-2012, 08:51 PM
ME, mine is a downfire and you know my story with the no low end, you never said you had a secret for utilizing downfire for low end..

mopower440
02-03-2012, 08:55 PM
;)

Buck
02-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I know people put 4 8's under the seats in the previous body style. I did a box for 4 sa-8's under the seat of one. Not sure if they are even close to the same.

Moble Enclosurs
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
ahhhaaaa. true, mopower, But your situation is different. There are other more important issues going on with yours before using a whole new design because it has been my understanding so far that since no purchase for a design has been made, that you are still trying to figure how to utilize the one you have by modification. In order for you to utilize downfire low end, it would have to be redesigned. We did mention that putting a board on the bottom with help a bit, but not the way we are talking about here. In order for it to work in your situation, a new design is necessary. :D

Buck
02-03-2012, 09:30 PM
ahhhaaaa. true, mopower, But your situation is different. There are other more important issues going on with yours before using a whole new design because it has been my understanding so far that since no purchase for a design has been made, that you are still trying to figure how to utilize the one you have by modification. In order for you to utilize downfire low end, it would have to be redesigned. We did mention that putting a board on the bottom with help a bit, but not the way we are talking about here. In order for it to work in your situation, a new design is necessary. :D

I agree.

mopower440
02-03-2012, 09:32 PM
na, i havent even messed with it anymore, i havnt ordered the design yet due to money right now and probably having to get a new sub too before your redesign because of having no specs on the old sub. Im trying buddy just give me time, gotta feed the family. REALLY hate to have to buy a new sub with things being so tight but i need specs. It will be a while before i can do it but will do eventually. I just saw your reply above and was surprised because i was thinking maybe the downfire design was whats hurting me, so pleasantly surprised when you said that design can even help instead of hurt.:D

wenn_du_weinst
02-03-2012, 09:33 PM
you can raise the back seat quiet a bit and still have it nice to sit there.

Buck
02-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Both my F150 and my exploder lost their back seats in the name of audio.