PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Kicker door speakers!

Jomodeere93
02-02-2012, 12:52 AM
Hey guys,
Long time creeper, first time poster here. I just purchased some Kicker DS65 6 3/4" and Kicker DS46 4" x 6" door speakers for my truck. It is a 2005 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab. I am excited to put them in this weekend because I am attempting to install them myself. I am just starting in car audio and electronics and I will try and post pictures as the install comes along.

murph
02-02-2012, 12:54 AM
welcome hope you like them but probably should have been creeping a little longer on speaker selection

JoshC
02-02-2012, 12:54 AM
Cool man! Learning the ropes of your car is always fun. You should consider getting a 50x4 amp for thoughs speakers, they will sound ALOT better :)

welcome hope you like them but probably should have been creeping a little longer on speaker selection

Prob still sound better then my fosgate 6.5s lol

winkychevelle
02-02-2012, 01:03 AM
if you need any help with the install just pm i have pretty much the same truck just a few years newer. make sure to pick up some self-tapping screws and some weather stripping to put the in with. put the weather stripping in between the speaker frame and the door. and if you want more mid-bass u are going to need to seal up the big hole in the door skin and deadener never really hurts

Why So Cereal?
02-02-2012, 01:07 AM
What part of Georgia are u in?

Jomodeere93
02-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am from south ga, Tifton area. I am running them off of the stock head unit for now until I can come up with the funds to put a decent one in. It seems like my list keeps growing for parts I want to add!

Jomodeere93
02-02-2012, 01:15 AM
I got them for a steal from Crutchfield! 3 of the factory speakers had messed up and only gave a crackly weird sound and since I was on a budget these fit very nicely into my price range!

Why So Cereal?
02-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the replies! I am from south ga, Tifton area. I am running them off of the stock head unit for now until I can come up with the funds to put a decent one in. It seems like my list keeps growing for parts I want to add!

If youre in Tifton, I'm ~30 minutes from you :) Welcome to the forum bro. Learn as much as you can on here so you're not like the ignorant locals lol. And I'm constantly swapping equipment in and out of my car (mainly mids, midbass, tweets, and amps) so if you ever need anything, PM me and if I have something you need we can meet up. Actually have a couple amps that'd work for u right now :up2somet:

murph
02-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I got them for a steal from Crutchfield! 3 of the factory speakers had messed up and only gave a crackly weird sound and since I was on a budget these fit very nicely into my price range!

no problem with that I still have all stock speakers lol and even worse the rears are fucked from my subs flexing the back deck. Also my fronts are beginning to blow...

Jomodeere93
02-02-2012, 01:25 AM
That's awesome lol! Yeah for sure if I ever need anything Ill give you a ring!

Bettr n' Revrse
02-02-2012, 01:25 AM

Those two words usualy dont go together lol... Welcome to the site...