PDA

View Full Version : sundown quality and performance

infamous_e46
01-30-2012, 12:15 AM
Before anyone calls me a nut hugger let me say

I have Been running an old saz1500d v1 on my opti 1535d wired to .6 ohm

The amp doesnt get warm or shut off or cause dimming all I have is a stinger spv35 and the OEM prelude ( obd2 jdm h22a swap in civic ) alternator and #1 weld cable rated at 300 amps

Top notch if you ask me and it is doing well over 1500 rms

myjaja
01-30-2012, 12:17 AM
nice nice

Actually, I love my sundown saz-3500d. Its built like a tank and it has very clean power.

Phoenix Risen
01-30-2012, 12:19 AM
the only sundown i have the pleasure of owning is the 125.2, one amazingly clean amp. they sound awesome.

infamous_e46
01-30-2012, 12:33 AM
Cant wait to hook up my 2500d

Phoenix Risen
01-30-2012, 12:34 AM
i would love to run sundown for my sub amp. but i just dont have the space for it in my little hatch.

Rickdod3
01-30-2012, 12:37 AM
To be honest...ive ran and tested A LOT of different amps...And every sundown amp ive tested I didnt like. Ive had a 1500, 2500 and a 3500 and they all sound like crap IMO. They seem very dirty to me.

The best amp(s) ive ever seen/heard have been the Incriminator amps...those things are amazing.

sundownz
01-30-2012, 08:59 AM
To be honest...ive ran and tested A LOT of different amps...And every sundown amp ive tested I didnt like. Ive had a 1500, 2500 and a 3500 and they all sound like crap IMO. They seem very dirty to me.

The best amp(s) ive ever seen/heard have been the Incriminator amps...those things are amazing.

If you are willing to put some money down on a little friendly wager I'd be willing to bet if you tested ours and IA the distortion levels are about the same -- I have a new 20.1 at my shop right now actually and I could send it in along with ours to get put on an Audio Precision.

Otherwise I already know what the result will be :) That being said IA makes a fine product.

T.I.K.
01-30-2012, 09:03 AM
If you are willing to put some money down on a little friendly wager I'd be willing to bet if you tested ours and IA the distortion levels are about the same -- I have a new 20.1 at my shop right now actually and I could send it in along with ours to get put on an Audio Precision.

Otherwise I already know what the result will be :) That being said IA makes a fine product.

Well you know you're doing something right, someone's always talking about you.

sundownz
01-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Well you know you're doing something right, someone's always talking about you.

This is true. We can't please everyone -- simple fact.

bubbagumper6
01-30-2012, 09:06 AM
I didn't understand the hype until I blew two different crunch gp amps and dropped in an saz 2500...that thing takes everything I can throw at it like a champ

Rickdod3
01-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Honestly I would really love to see that test. Would be neat to see that.

and like I said its just my opinion, They take a beating that's for sure...but I never liked the way they sounded.

infamous_e46
01-30-2012, 12:34 PM

and like I said its just my opinion, They take a beating that's for sure...but I never liked the way they sounded.

Wow you need to read more the amps are very very similar internally now go drink your sugar pills so your cold will go away

dbeez
01-30-2012, 12:38 PM
He doesn't like clean smooth bass its not for everyone some prefer it just go boom.

bgowdy31
01-30-2012, 12:38 PM
i know it may not mean much coming from me but the sundown saz2000 so far has been the best amp that i have had so far. and ive heard the 1500, 3500. i really like the sa 8's 10's 12's & 15's. i dont own any sundown eq right now tho. kinda out of my price range, but i know you have to pay for quality

sundownz
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion -- but amps are much simpler than subs and speakers as far as what makes them sound a certain way. Being that I have known Nick and Josh from IA for 4 years longer than I've ran Sundown Audio and I have had my hands on most every amp they make I am familiar with how they do things and also how I do things -- there is not going to be any significant measurable difference in sound between our Class-D amps and theirs when adjusted the same way.

If there was any difference in sound at all it would be in where the crossovers were set or how the gain knob was adjusted.

But at least you like a quality product -- which IA certainly us.

stevew007
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
well I've owned several 40.1's over the years and have had several sundown amps over the years and have protected the hell out of them all.all i did was switch off then switch them back on no problem's. both are great products in my eyes as for the way they sound well I think anything over 1k rms sounds like crap anyways just because its always over powering the front stage unless you have another 1k for mids and highs and a ton of them.then when your talking about using 2k+ on a SQ setup that would never work unless it was turned down below 1k.
so as for anyone complaining about sound quality from 2k plus is well.....not right because there is no SQ with that much power.
I'm no SQ guy but i have been around them enough to know if they see class d amps in the trunk you wont win anyways. LOL
I have a big belle in my wifes car with 1 fi ten and i find myself turning down the bass to make it sound better with the mids and highs.but then SQ to me is a good mix of bass and mid/high.I dont worry about staging besides front and rear my car is not going to win any shows but it sounds great to me and will still do a 147-148 sealed on the dash.

stevew007
01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
must of had the double post box checked. LOL