PDA

View Full Version : Need of amp repair

knightrider2k6
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM
hello i am new on here. i have 2 kicker zr1000s that power on but when i mess with the rcas the subs oscillate. sometimes when i touch the top of the amp the subs still oscillate. was wondering if anybody on here knew a reputable place to send an amp in for repair. any help would be much appreciated. thank you.

ampjunkielikeme
01-28-2012, 12:24 PM
dB-r Electronics (http://www.db-r.com/index.html)

cyn
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
contact Spooney on here man... If he has the time he is very good at fixing amps and offers pretty **** good prices.

knightrider2k6
01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
cool thanks.

stevew007
01-28-2012, 12:34 PM
yup db-r is the only place i will send my amps.stay away from ARC (Amp Repair Center) they are con artist's. got a quote from them on an amp he told me all the part he would replace for $250 when he got the amp he said there was more damage then he thought and now it would be $450.so I told him ok.when i got the amp back it was covered in white finger prints from thermal paste they had on there hands and this was on a matte finish amp it never did come off. I also got the paper work with the amp and it had the same list of parts on it that he said he would replace for $250 and not a part more.

another thing I sent an amp to db-r and he told me the fets had black tape behind them instead of the proper material (sorry cant thing of the name).
db-r is no hack you WILL get your amp back he always answers the phone or calls back ASAP.

if you decide to go with a different company make sure you do a search before sending them anything.

knightrider2k6
01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
whoa. thanks. i did send them a price quote thing on ARC. good thing i went here to do some research. db-r sounds legit. thanks.