PDA

View Full Version : box/audiopulse axis q1

hotcress
01-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking of building a 4th order enclosure for this sub. Would love to know how large this box would need to be to work well. Atleast each chambers volume and port length should be would be great. I have 29 of width,13 of height to work with in the trunk of my 91 cressida. Depth isn't an issue. It would blow through the fold down armrest. Still have to cut the hole, I can go as big as 8x12 for the port. Spl is a must. I want to shut a few fellas mouths up around here who think a single 12 can't get it done.

hotcress
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
I've been trying for quite some time to come up with a design to make this sub pound. There isn't much info out there on a proper enclosure. I did build a 2.2cf3 slot ported box for it tuned to 32hz. The sub sounded good on 900 watts, but behaved like it needed a smaller enclosure. Based on that experience I'd like to tune it higher. Maybe 36hz. I know they didn't recommend bandpass boxes, but since it looks like the right box is going to be an experiment, hey you never know. Least I would have to worry about buzzing from my trunk. I don't mind paying for the info.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Help me out please.

Moble Enclosurs
01-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Challenge accepted. :D Please let me help you out on this. I love to surprise an unforgiving audience. You can visit my website Welcome to Mobile Enclosures! - Mobile Enclosures - Custom subwoofer boxes (http://mobileenclosures.jimdo.com/) and go to the how-to-order section for making a purchase of a design. I will hook you up with something great.

hotcress
01-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Thank you! Im hoping for this small ported box sub this type of enclosure wouldn't have to get too overwhelming in size. B4 I pull the trigger. Any hint of roughly how many cubes it might consume? I could definately resort to odd shapes and fiberglassing if I need to.

Moble Enclosurs
01-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, first off, is this the 12"? I would need to know the parameters of the driver before I can make any volume requirements. BUT, shoot me a PM with the information:
1. max box dimensions
2. subwoofer specs (if you have them)

I can give you a good idea of what enclosure will work best for it, and then when we get detailed, I can figure for what will work best for you as well.
First, you want to know if it will work. SO, lets get the info above and I can get you some rough estimates on what sizes it will enjoy for volume and we can go from there..if you want. :D

Moble Enclosurs
01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I think I found the specs on parts-express, but just let me know what size driver and the other info also. Thanks!

hotcress
01-28-2012, 06:46 PM
I found my spec sheet. I don't think the specs listed on parts-express are the same

Moble Enclosurs
01-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok nice. Send them over if you can.

hotcress
01-29-2012, 08:43 PM
pm sent